My sister has a seven month old baby that I sometimes take care of. I recently noticed his foreskin was pulled back and it looks irritated. I always clean the baby's penis so i now that something was different. I also noticed the baby had some type of discomfort while I was changing his diaper. Should I be worried? Is this something bad? I am really comfused I would hate to think that someone did this to the baby without even thinking he might be hurt. Is pulling his foreskin at such an early age considered child abuse or neglect?

Most foreskins are pulled back at early stages normaly by the child them selfs with knowing they are doing it. Some parents decide to do it if the child dosent because it can lead to iratation in later life like when ur 15 trust me it ill hurt so much more. And some parents leave it and wait for the chidl to do it themselfs adn they think they are hurting the child. Depends on your view

Guest wrote:

it is a good idea to keep an eye on your young boys foreskin developement, as a rule it is not a good idea to try retract a toddlers foreskin, after speaking with my doctor he recommended i pull my sons foreskins forward(ie, out and away from shaft) not back, this helps to stretch the foreskin without damage to penis, he also recommended when time for boys to move into briefs, to perchase briefs not boxers and to buy at least two sizes larger than you usually would, this is to stop any grabbing or accidental foreskin retraction during the day, i,ve done this for all my boys with no problems and all have complete foreskin retraction. dont be upset about pulling his foreskin forward as it will help. i did it every morning for each of my boys, after about 5 minutes of this (almost masterbating them)over a three week period non of my little guys have had an issue, they know to do this themselves now and i encourage them to do it

Its ok to pull back foreskin but very gently to wash with squirt bottle and pad dry easy. It will be fine, our boys grew up fine... best regards

as a mom i cleanse the penis by gently pulling foresking back and gently washing glans. Just be gently and they will be fine.

I have read a lot of opinions that you should never retract the foreskin, saying it is attached to the glans and will not separate until he is a teen. I believe that is hogwash!!!

My mother retracted mine to wash everything inside there starting with my first at home bath and I have home movies to prove it. Apparently she didn't worry about me being damaged by moving the foreskin as the old home movies also show every little girl cousin "bathing the baby" as a family ritual whenever they visited the new baby and she showed them how to retract it ---- and let them do it.

Mine was always retracted for cleaning from as far back as I can remember and it never hurt my penis or the way it worked. I have never found any scars or marks on the glans to indicate any tearing away of the skin. She used to check on me as a young teen to be sure I did it myself. That never bothered me as I just saw it as a mother being a mother.

Before I started school she told me that I would encounter boys who didn't look like me because they had been circumcised and explained what that was. She said when the doctor asked if she wanted me cut she told him "You're not cutting anything off my baby". So he told her if she didn't have it done she would have to pull it back to wash under it at every bath and she certainly did do that. Apparently the doctor didn't think there was anything wrong with retracting a baby's foreskin.