Hi, I have a fifty three years old mother. Besides some usual problems, there was nothing else wrong with her. Recently she became really moody. Also these moods switch from one to another. One moment she is angry, another she is feeling depressed and nervous. She even started hating me for now reason at all. I also found some medicine in her cabinet she didn't take before. The thing is these mood swings last for a couple of hours. After that she is back to her self again. I have no idea what is the matter with her, but these mood changes are starting to occur really often. I am egger to find out what is going on with her. Can you give me the answer to this question?

Hi, I think I know what is wrong with your mother. These mood swings that you described and disliking of own family, consist with borderline personality disorder. This is a serious mental condition. Borderline personality disorder can influence both professional and personal life. People with this problem can tend to self injury. There are also cases of suicide attempts as well as achieved suicides in severe borderline personality disorder. This condition is treatable. You will have to take your mother to a professional therapist. He will probably prescribe some medication for those mood swings. Also an individual or group therapy has given remarkable results. I hope your mother will be fine.

BPD doesnt just appear like that and the first 53 years she was ok!
BPD developes in teenage years. If anything, some say it 'dies down a bit' with age (if not treated)

53 is perfect age for change of life, post menapousal. Hormones and lack of can really create havic with mood swings. Some woman have no problems while others have incredible personality change. Have her check into hormone replacement and if it is for her.