Hi, folks. My father in law suffers from ulcerative colitis. Since he is very obsessed with alternative medicine, I am wondering whether a herbal tea can help in treating this disease. I am not sure with that. I would really appreciate if someone could answer me to that. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Well, I have a limited trust in tea treatment. If certain tea has high caffeine concentration, I don't recommend it. It will certainly have irritative effect on bowels. On the other hand, some tea might help. Green tea is regarded to have anti-inflammatory effect which can be good for this disease. Tea made of marshmallow roots or cat's claw are also thought to be soothing. Nevertheless, I suggest you to consult with an expert before taking any tea treatment of ulcerative colitis. I hope your father in law will feel better. Bye!