Iv been reading the thread about heavy head / dizziness problems and see that although everyone posted their symptoms, there still has been no answers.

I wanted to restart this thread in the hope that someone will have some answers. I have suffered these exact symptoms for 3 years now, constantly :-( I have tried EVERYTHING and i mean everything. What is worse is that because no one can diagnose me iv now developed anxiety about it.

It is holding me back. I am a fighter trust me, and i still manage to fight to keep my job going, and my home and my son, but i cant tell you what i would pay if someone just said they had an answer. Everyday is a constant struggle to work through the fog and keep my head up (as it feels like its made of lead) Pain in my cheekbones, dizziness, panic attacks about it, waking up everymorning with numb hands, tingling in my fingers every day..I just want my life back. This has happened twice now. First time it went on for two and half years non stop, this time its coming up for three years with probably approximately 20 good days??

I just want some help and some freedom from this debilitating situation before i start to believe its not worth living with. :-( :-(

Our 15 year old daughter has developed similar dizziness, numbness, etc in the several weeks. The local GP is checking for thyroid, PH changes from possible hypervenitlation (not usual, but possbily from unnoticed deep breathing) maybe related to anxiety.

He is running some blood tests now, expect to hear in the day or so.

Sound similar?

Has your daughter had her results yet? I hope for her sake she gets some answers because i feel for her i really do, its awful at the best of times never mind when you are young and going through important stages in your life.

Sounds very similar indeed especially the deep breathing as sometimes i notice im doing it because i feel i cant get my breath. But i find that deep breathing makes me feel a bit better?? Oh im so confused now with my symptoms that its hard to say what causes what?? :cry:

I can't believe it. But I have had the same symptons for three months now! I have been to the doctor like ten times and the hospital 3 I've had blood done a cat scan and rounds of antibiotics because at first they thought it was a bad sinus infection, this has ruined my life so far I cry with my husband all the time in fear that I will feel like this for the rest of my life. I am waiting to see the neurologist. For an mri. I will keep u posted I just pray it isn't ms.

Same situation here,

Tried everything, going on 4yrs now and a fighter too! MRI, CAT scans, acupuncute, I mean everything!! What helps for me is a couple of advil, antihistamines and a product called Histame. Even had fractional prisms placed in eye glasses and only worked for a while. Most releif came from acupuncture and pressure point massage. Have successfully stopped the anxiety!!!!

Maurice

Iv tried everything too, including loads and loads of acupuncture....that helped a little but didnt take it away and it came back worse. The only thing that has worked for me....and this is proper alternative OUT THERE therapy was distance healing from a guy in Australia. Would you believe that?? after tests and tests and potions and pills i got so desperate that i tried distance healing from Australia????? Says alot for doctors in the uk. Would you believe that i am 85% better than i have been in 4 years???? Just to have four out of seven days feeling normal is a blessing. I will try and get his details on here when i can find them if anyone is interested. xx

It has to do a lot with stress and anxiety then. Makes sense? Especially "distance healing".

Maurice

Please help! I'm not certain if this resembles what a fair few of you are suffering (I have no tingling hands or feet) but I'm experiencing this on a daily basis. I suffered an extremely mild concussion merely three months ago. However, I'm honestly not certain if it was a concussion; no dilation of pupils, no loss of consciousness, only a brief period of dizziness during the impact, no confusion, I could recall everything previous, during and after the incident and my cat scan was completely normal. Yet, for a period of three months afterwards (and yes I am still experiencing these symptoms) I have suffered aching headaches, a numb right temple, nausea, loss of concentration and brain fog daily. Now, I have two questions to ask and I would truly appreciate your feedback; do you believe that- - This is purely the result of the accumulated stress and anxiety I have developed as a result of this incident? I have developed large rashes, my OCD is acting insane... But even when I'm bedridden for a few days, listening to relaxation tapes and practicing breathing methods, I continue to endure the symptoms. - Is this all the result of a mild concussion? That incident seems to mark the period of time that my symptoms occurred. Could someone please tell how many symptoms of a concussion you must experience in order for it to be classified one? Please. - Could this be chronic fatigue, TMJ (teeth grinding) or a complication with a pinched nerve. Occasionally the entire right side of my face is numb. Please, I truly value your advice. I am a seventeen year old female who has suffered anorexia nervosa, severe depression and countless suicide attempts. As soon as I recovered from this, it appears that I have been rewarded with further pain. Please help me, I'm flooding myself with suicidal thoughts. My parents believe all my symptoms ate fabricated- honestly, I believe they can't handle me anymore. Thankyou, God bless you all.

It's possible that you have POTS. It's a condition where the blood doesn't get pumped to your head enough. The symptoms vary from person to person, but some of your symptoms are similar to mine. I saw a neurologist and she found that my blood pressure changed from when I went from lying down to standing.

All,

I can tell you for sure that I went through all of this and had every test you can imagine. Been going through it for 4yrs. I had to go back to when it all started and try to figure out what was different......and finally did. It was NSAID's that were my problem (anti-inflammatory pain killers). Once stopped, all the symptoms most of you are experiencing went away. No more "drunk" feeling. I was taking them for back pain and never realized that something supposedly good for you, can be quite detrimental. Check the over the counter medications you are taking, especially if you have rashes or hives. Let me know. I haven't checked this topic for so long, because I am finally normal again, but thought that I would help:)

Maurice

To Mia,

See my recent post (lognum). It is something you are ingesting (probably medication) and you are not realizing that your body is reacting to it. What are you taking for your headaches? A few ingredients that enhance the bad effect are MSG and Theobromine. Theobromine is found in tea and chocolate.

Maurice

Please email me at _[removed]_ when you have his info. Thanks!!

Did u get an mri? I have the same things!

It sounds like you might have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). It's low blood pressure, and you aren't getting enough blood to your head. It affects very tall teen girls the most, although anyone can have it. I have it myself, and I am very tall.
POTS is treated with lots of fluid and extra salt to try to raise the blood pressure. Also, you should avoid situations where you are standing for a long time, as this could make you feel bad.

I would recommend telling your doctor to look for low blood pressure when you've been lying down, and then when you stand up. There may be a difference.
God Bless!

I am suffering same disease for 12 years i think your illness exist only in the mind....just trust GOD what he can do...keep on believing.keep on hoping....someday those illness will be vanish...then u can start a better new life.