I have been having urethra pain since October. I was seen by my family doctor 5 times. I was checked for UTI, Vaginal Infections, and STDs. I had none. He is now going to send me to Urologist, which I will be seeing next week. I have been having stabbing and stricking pain in my uretha. I was experience burning after urination. It will almost feel as if I have to urinate again. At times my urethra will become itchy too. I tried Tea Tree Oil however I put it on tissue and let it soak on my uretha. I felt like that burned during and after I did that!! Did anyone else feel as if the Tea Tree Oil burns?? I am taking Cranberry Juice, Cranberry Pills, and also D-Mannose which all help a little. My pain will come and go it's not always constant. Anybody have any advice??

You should never use essential oils internally like that, unless told to do so by a health care professional. Any oil can be irritating up in the groin area, and I don't think a health care professional would advise that. I suggest that you don't do it again.

Katie Mae,
I am experiencing the same urethral spasm. My husband is a Ob- Gyn. In his 30 years of practice he has never had other women complain of this problem. I have the problem primarily at night. Heat from a heating pad seems to help. A hot bath really seems to be soothing. When it occurs during the day, as long as I stay busy, it will eventually go away.

My daughter has been having these pains for months. She has been on 8 antibiotics. She has been to emergency, a gyno, a urologist and a gastro.

She woke we up with her screaming in the night as she was in pain. She said it feels like she is being stabbed with a knife. She is almost 19 years old. Nobody can find out what is wrong. I thought maybe it was a yeast infection from all the antibiotics. The have done the ultra sounds, scopes, every test you can think of. When she describes the pain to the Drs they just say huh. That doesn't make sense because your urine test show there is no urinary tract infection. No yeast infection.

I am feeling so bad for her. She actually puts ice on it to try and numb the pain but nothing helps. She does have a laporoscopy coming up. Going to rule out endometriosis. She is in college and has missed more class dealing with this. I just can't believe there is not a Dr out there they can solve this mystery. Please help. I can't stand to see her suffer like this.

I KNOW ITS TOUGH TO EVEN ACCEPT THIS AS A POSSIBILITY, BUT HERPES IS VERSATILE ENOUGH CAUSE THESE SYMPTOMS. WAY MORE OFTEN THAN NOT HERPES DON'T SHOW CLASSIC SIGNS SUCH AS BLISTERS, SO DOCTORS JUST DISMISS IT. A BLOOD TEST CAN CONFIRM IT, BUT MAKE SURE IT CONFIRMS THE TYPE OF HSV, 1 OR 2. ALSO, HAVE THEM CULTURE IT SPECIFICALLY FOR HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 1 AND 2. HERPES IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BY ANY MEANS, AND ANTI-VIRALS CAN PREVENT RECURRENCES. DON'T BE SCARED!! SPEND A COUPLE HOURS ON THE INTERNET TYPING DIFFERENT KEY WORDS AND HERPES.

I also have a frequent stabbing pain in my urethra, it happens when i pee, and a lot of times it intensifies as peeing progresses, spiking when i run out of pee. Right after I feel like i have to pee again.

Nothing shows up in tests. Nothing. No stds, no uti, no yeast, nothing shows up on sound scans. I've been to a gyno and a urologist, and nothing. I have no other problems, and its really depressing to have have some mysterious and therefore uncurable thing that keeps me from going to class here in college, where its so important to attend.

To answer your question, tea tree oil burns for me also, i think its too strong. The only thing that helps is drinking copious amounts of water.. and then after having to pee every 20 minutes i stop drinking water and go back to drinking water whenever I'm thirsty.

Ladies, if you find anything, PLEASE COME BACK AND TELL US.

Have any of you been checked out for IC? I have similar symptoms and my doc said that if antibiotics don't help, that's his next best guess.

I have the same issue. I have been going to OBGYNS for 5 years now with the same issue i have just now visited a urologist and he seemed to be no help. I know its not a uti.. i dont burn after i pee, i feel like i am being stabbed and the only two things that make the pain go away is heat and pressure.
I am scared that all this pain is causing scaring somewhere and may prevent me from having children in the future. I have an ultra sound scheduled this week and i am sure nothing will come up. Im glad to hear im not the only one with these symptoms..docs seem to think its in my head :-( i need help.

I just went to the doctors and was prescribed antibiotics for those exact symptoms. I had throbbing immediately after urination to the point of wanting to scream. I had a confirmed UTI. Perhaps you guys can request a second test be done to make sure you don't have one.

Hi ladies, I am having the same problem as well. I couldn't even sit up straight the pain is so intense. I assumed it was a kidney a stone. So currently I am taking 500mg of magnesium at least: 50mg C 50mg Zinc 100mg B6 50mg B12 and ginkgo biloba. In my unprofessional opinion the combination of these vitamins makes it so some mornings it doesn't even hurt and I can actually go back to work and know that I have my bladder in check and don't freak out about accidents as much as I was. I do suggest drinking healthy drinks, so no sodas or coffee.

That's all I can tell anyone. And I hope someone can come back and help us find an answer.

I too have been having similar symptoms. The odd hurting feeling has been on/off again for quite some time. It'll happen and then go away. However, for the past week and a half I've had these sudden pains like where the pee comes out - this will happen all throughout the day. I've been taking an antibiotic (that was prescribed for something else but is good for UTIs) along with Uristat with limited results. It's not the painful buring like a UTI (I've had plenty of those to know the difference) - it's a different kind of pain. I appreciate anyone elses's input on this!!!

To KatieMay

I have exact thing! I am sitting here at 3:30 on this computer reading up on what it is and i am stressed and scared! My lower back kills and pain shooting pain may I add in uretha I have an appointment next Tuesday with the urologist lets hope this works! I am so scared I have Cancer because the symptoms are so close to everything else! I dont know what to do! Going crazy thou!

I am having a same problem for almost 3 years. It is very depressing. I drink tons of water and sleep with an ice pack at night. I have constant burning pain and it never goes away and feel like I need to urinate all the time plus bladder pressure. It feels like I my husband rips me everytime we have sex and I am so red and irrated afterwards. I have been to 2 urologist and now I am seeing a uro-gynecologist. They have diagnosed me with IC and Vaginismus and treated me for them but it didnt work. They have ran tons of test including MRI, 3 cystoscopys, x rays and std tests. I have been on so many different meds I cant even count them. I was dialated about when I was 2 and again at 20 which was 3 years ago. I was dialated and switch my birth control from ortho cyceln to ortho tri cyclen and started getting re-current bladder infections at the time all of this started. I was also diagnosed with mild dysplasia around the sametime. No one has been able to figure me out! Can someone please help? Thank you

omg im only 17 and i have the same problem i dont know what to do i have told my mum and she wont take me to the doctors and when i pee i cry thats how much it hurts for me, i dont know what to do first when i told my mum she thought a bladder infection but i have had them before and this is so bad. and when i pee i need to pee straight after again :-(

PLEAESE HELP

it hurts so much

I have to same problem! Whenever the urine runs out I feel this stabbing pain course up through my body. I haven't gone to a doctor anything yet, and it doesnt happen always, but SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE!!!!