Hello. I'm 24 year old female and just recently a terrible thing has happened to me.
You see, I didn’t tell anything about this to anyone because I'm too embarrassed. My mother also doesn’t know a thing about this. One morning, about a week ago, I woke up and there was some mucous discharge coming out of my anus.
You can't imagine how frightened I was when I saw this. My underwear was completely wet. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with me?

Hello. I really don’t understand why should you be embarrassed about all this and why you didn’t talk with some doctor over this.
There are many things that could cause you this anal discharge.
You see, you didn’t mention are you sexually active because there are many STDs such as gonorrhea that could easily caused you this discharge. It could also be caused by anal sexual intercourse which could damage your sphincter muscle.
There are also some parasite infections that could cause you discharge filled with parasite eggs. That’s why- I would suggest you to contact your GP as soon as you can!

Hi, I'm 21 year old female. I'm about 5 1/2 months pregnant and this JUST happened to me! I might get a little too personal so beware as you read on-

I went to the bathroom to go pee, then I thought I had to poop. I tried to but it wouldn't come out, no big deal. But then I wiped and I noticed this disgusting light brown colored mucous that came from my ass. I have no idea what it was. I have not had anal sex for a very, very long time so that was not the reason. Also, it was not an STD because I only have one sexual partner (my husband) and we don't sleep around. This is really embarassing...I'm so scared. I know this isn't normal it has never happened to me before. I'm also way too embarassed to mention this to my doctor...mainly because my doctor is a male.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know!!!!

I have also experienced this, and have looked into it and piles (haemorrhoids) seem to be the most likely cause!

Alongside a debilitating Hypothyroid problem I have been suffering these symptoms for the last five weeks and am currently seeking medical advice.
I wouldn't let the fact your doctor is a different sex to you ever put you off seeking medical advice.
I am male and my doctor is female, sure it is rather embarrasing especially when she talks to you with her finger up your anus but I look at it this way.
I would rather be embarrased than die from some ailment I could have had cured but for my own shyness.
Please see your GP and ask for help.
Look after yourselves.

The rectum produces mucous to keep the intestines lubricated and sometimes it just comes out. If you have previously had constipation, anal sex, anal douches then the mucous membrane can over produce because it is a natural reaction to protect the intestines. I wouldn't worry to much if this doesn't happen too frequently.

I don't know either but I have the same problem I can't pass bowel movements two weeks or more but when I put my finger up mucus comes out I don't know what its from

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me2 i also suffer from a crippling eating disorder both anorexia and bulimia could that be related 2 this

Do you have any discharge otherwise? Your symptoms sound a lot like mine but at random I have a discharge throughout the day. I have a dr appt tomorrow I hope they can figure it out

hello hi all of you...........I read all your queries and comments.....nothing to worry about this,Its nothing else but a king of food infection...:"Desentry"...........It may be casued due to some Unhealthy food(which  dosen't digests easily)....In homeopaty U can Use

"Aloes 30" 3/4 pills 3 times a day and if blood is also passing then you have to take a combination of( merc. sol. 30+ merc.cor.30+belladona 30).

Please have only fibrous food and only boiled food for quite some time ..and its not a matter of embarrassment....you should go to visit your Doctor and should ask that u r having symtoms of Descentry as the mucus is coming out with(or before) stool..thanks a lot....and yes most imp.figure out that which particular food item is causing this infection.thanks

Decentry? Is dat like de guy on guard duty?

Thx for your info.... I have a 97 year old women here & she had passed mucus & she had a cold and a very runny nose & now on anti-botics.. She will not spit and hardly blows her nose... I guess it comes out the other end....

I've been having this very similar discharge for as many as five years. It does not go away! So please do not ignore it. I get this daily, and have to visit the toilet to wipe on a regular basis. The mucus has varied from brown (due to fecal matter) and cloudly white. Sometimes bloody.

Along with this discharge i regularly visit the toilet to empty my bowels. Unfortunatly i can do this daily three times in a matter of an hour never feeling empty. Stools are never formes as one often like small thin almost cat poo like.

I finally got to the doctors to find out what is the problem. The doctor checked my prostate (Clear) and found a case of hemeroids. (Now clear) problems due still persist and have now been sent to see a specialist. 

I strongly recommend you do not ignore this, its natural to discharge mucus in stools but to discharge alone means there is certainly an issue. After having countless days and many years with this i can tell you it doesn't go away. And it can become quite irritating and prevent you from daily activities. Go see your doctor, you can always ask to see a same sex doctor if worried.

Can you advise what your specialists prognosis was?
I have the same symptoms over a period of years.
I am a male 55 year, heterosexual, with one partner for 12 years.
I have asked GP's about it and they just tell me to eat a fibrous diet.
In the short term this is helpful but never eliminates the problem.
Can you advise if you have a more definitive explanation, and possible cure

I have proctitis and have very bad mucous discharge that makes me almost constantly wet or messy. I wipe myself half hourly on average. It has blood in also. I have had colonoscopies nd been told it is nothing serious such as cancer. I also just found out my anal muscle is weak and that is why the mucous etc escapes so much. The medications I have used -for Ulcerative Colitis have been ineffective.. I cannot tolerate steroids or sulphasalazine.-In the nhs cost cutting climate I have more or less been told..Tough for me but I'll just have to live with it. Wear pads.. Tried. they dont soak up mucous-It just lies on the surface and you have to go toilet to change as the slimy substance is not nice on the skin. Spoils your confidence, femininity etc.. I dont suffer with constipation very often but do get lots of pains low down and a nauseus feeling. Seen a clectoral sugeon who tried tightening inside my rectum but it hasnt made any difference. I feel like I have been cast aside in a way. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.
I hope you get some posative action and results from your visit to the specialist