Hello, folks. I have heard many positive things about green tea. However, I am afraid I may exaggerate if I drink it in huge amounts. How many cups of green tea I can drink daily? Are there any recommendations for this? I would gladly hear out your opinion about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Green tea is very healthy. If you find some literature about it, you will see what he can all help with. I have read somewhere that a cup daily is enough for improving your health. I hope this is true. If you want to be a hundred percent sure, then you should consult some kind of expert. I don’t know who would be an expert in this situation. Please, let me know if you find out some new information. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, everyone. I agree with the previous post. One cup of tea daily should be enough to experience the benefits. There are many unproven claims about the benefits of this tea. One of them is that it prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. It is also not proven that it can treat cancer or multiple sclerosis. But there are other proven benefits. Those should be the reasons why you should drink this tea. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello percival,

I heard you should drink minimum 3 cups a day. I drink about 4 to 5 to get maximum health benefits. There is a website you can go on to that only talks about green tea. The website was started by a registered dietician and it is entirely scientifically based.

About people mentioning that green tea doesn't help with Parkinson's or Alzheimers, that's totally wrong. There is clear scientific evidence out there that green tea can help prevent Alzheimers and Parkinson's.

The study I posted below was put in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. And this is not the only study done, there are numerous animal studies that say the same thing as this clinical one, that green tea can help prevent cognitive impairment in old age.

May 5, 2008

Attention, All Seniors!

If you’re concerned about protecting the health of your brain as you age, start drinking green tea. In a study of green tea’s effect on cognitive function (the ability to think, remember and concentrate), published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers looked at 1003 Japanese people age 70 or older. They evaluated the volunteers’ cognitive function and also measured the frequency of their green tea consumption. The researchers concluded that drinking higher amounts of green tea was associated with a lower incidence of cognitive impairment.

Specifically, drinking 4-6 cups of green tea per week (or 1 cup per day) lowered the incidence of cognitive impairment by 38%. And drinking 2 or more cups of green tea per day lowered the incidence of cognitive impairment by an astounding 54%! What an easy (and tasty) way to cut your risk almost in half!

(Kuriyama S, Hozawa A. Ohmori K, et al. Green tea consumption and cognitive function: a cross-sectional study from the Tsurugaya Project 1. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;83(2):355-61.

greentealibrary.com/Green%20Tea%20News.htm

I hope this helps to inform people about the many wide-ranging and pwerful health benefits of green tea.

**edited by moderator**