Hello, folks. My sister got pregnant and since this is her first pregnancy, we have a lot of uncertainties. We would like to know whether it is healthy to take chinese herbal tea during pregnancy. We would really appreciate if you could tell us something about that. Thanks, guys. Bye!

Hello, folks. I advise to all pregnant women to be cautious when taking any herbal tea. Many herbs are not fully investigated. That is why is better to consult with your doctor or pharmacist first. Chinese herbal tea has high doses of caffeine. That is why it's not recommended taking it or you can take it, but with caution. The same goes to mothers who breast feed. Black tea also has high concentration of caffeine. I hope I've helped you with info. If you want to know something more, don't hesitate to ask me. Good luck!