My son suffers from schizophrenia and because of this, I spend a large amount of time on the web, trying to learn more about how to cope, and how schizophrenia could be cured. I did read somewhere that hypnosis can help with schizophrenia, but I can't really understand how. Do you know more about this method and what are your views?

I am sorry to say that I don't think that schizophrenia can be treated with hypnosis. If it were that simple, I think lots and lots of people would be really happy. If you are feeling down because you can't help your son, therapy (for you!) might help enormously. Take care of yourself too!

I had the same question about SCHIZOPHRENIA and hypnotism's the one posted, but it seems you dismissed the question without much expiation. I have a daughter with schizophrenia who believes she hears voices and starts screaming for them to go away. She has used medication, but stopped taking it. The truth seems to be medication is not a cure and can offer some terrible side affects. My daughter has now been evicted from several apartments because of her screaming ; she was very talented before she was afflicted with this disease and can not now find a job. The idea of fighting an images voice with a suggestive thought is intreigaing. But, I'm sure some type of research must have been done on the subject. Can you refer me to such research? And the results?

Yes my husband has Schizophrenia he has been going to Metrocare a mental illness clinic for years gotten group therapy and individual. medications do you think hypnosis would help him?Therapy did not help.