Hi, I started a self hypnosis treatment in hope that it may help me to lose some weight. Everything was going great until my last session. The session itself was fine but when I went to sleep I had unusual dream. I don't remember exactly what the dream was about but I remember waking up in cold sweat. This nightmare is repeating every night since then. I think I am going mad. Could this be the consequence of my self hypnosis sessions?

Hi, I had experience with self hypnosis myself and I was very satisfied. But like any other medical treatment hypnosis too can induce side effects. The symptoms you describe fall under this category. The side effects of hypnotherapy may occur when the therapy is conducted by an unprofessional. You should find out if the person who signs the tapes has a license to practice hypnotherapy? Chances are that you bought the tapes from a person who isn't a licensed practitioner and is using growing popularity of hypnotherapy to earn some easy money. Go and see a certified hypnosis therapist who might be able to help you.