My friend told me that she was thinking about undergoing hypnotherapy to help her solve her problems. Im not so sure that this is a wise thing to do especially because so little is known about this therapy and unconsciousness in general. I would be afraid that something might go wrong or that someone could take advantage of me. Could this happen? Is there anyone who has undergone hypnosis? If so, did you see any results from it?

Ive never undergone hypnosis and I dont know anyone who did but I did some reading and learned that you could be taken advantage of. This is why it is important to do a thorough check up on the hypnotherapist and talk to other people about their experiences. In hypnotherapy you submit yourself to control of another person. This other person alters your state of consciousness and can influence your behaviour. This way you can lose your self-control. I think thats dangerous and am in favour of finding other options for problems solving.