My son is a drug addict and has been hospitalized a few times but would always go back to doing the same old thing. My husband and I are at our wits end and dont know what to do anymore. We are still fighting for him and trying to help in any possible way but sometimes it feels as if theres no way out. A friend suggested hypnotherapy and I was wondering if anyone had any positive results with it?

My sister started hypnotherapy some time ago. She suffers from major depression and she had little benefits from drugs she had been prescribed. We found a doctor who uses hypnotherapy in depressed patients and she was willing to give it a try. Shes been to four sessions now and I think I can see some changes in the way she sees her illness and herself. You need to find a respectful hypnotherapist and see if your son would be a good candidate for this kind of treatment. Not everyone would benefit or have any effects from hypnosis as everyone is individual and the therapy needs to be individualized as well.