I am sad to say that I suffered childhood abuse, but proud to add that I have recently started taking steps to deal with the past, to finally enable me to move on and start a new life. Hypnotherapy has greatly helped me with that, and my therapist has been a wonderful woman in general. There is nothing iffy or weird about hypnotherapy, but my friends have been making fun of me, talking about "hypnosis". But, through hypnotherapy, I have been able to go back into my childhood, uncover lost memories and tell my inner child that everything would be OK in the end, which really did help me enormously.

I am so happy that you have benefited so much from Hypnotherapy! Your friends should be supporting you a 100 percent, not be making fun of the ways in which you choose to seek healing. Indeed, Hypnotherapy has many uses, both for psychological and physical complaints, and I would say that there is definitely a scientific treatment for your treatment!