I'm a heavy smoker almost all my life and what can I say about it- it is my big passion.
I'm 55 year old male smoker. I smoke about two packs of cigarettes per day.
I have never had any health problems caused by cigarettes but now I'm not so sure. Just recently I started to suffer from strong caught and hard breathing. I contacted my doctor and a x-ray shown that my lungs are seriously damaged. Doctor told my I should quit imidiately.
But, I can't! Passion is stronger than my wile for get better. Just ther other day I heard something about quitting smoking with the help of hypnosis. Is this truth? Please help!

Hypnotism is one of the weirdest and most controversial notions in the history of the psychological treatment.
Basically, hypnotism is the art of placing another person into a trance state.
What is a trance state? It means that you are not awake nor you are sleeping.
I have read that hypnosis can make you stop smoking in a day. One long, three hour treatment should do it. Many people did it so I don’t see any reason you shouldn’t.
Hypnosis is an effective way to quite smoking, either alone or in conjunction with other support techniques such as some products which smell will make your cigarette smell disgusting.

My mom went to a hypnotist that specialized in stop smoking only. She has never wanted another one. The BIG key here though, is you have to want to quit. I know a guy that went to the same hypnotherapist, and he is still smoking. My mom wanted to quit and has never had another craving, plus being around smokers doesn't make her want one too. It does work, but if you really want to stop.

I see people every week who simpl want to stop smoking. They've tried the patch, the pill, the gum, the shots, and everything else they can think of. Then as a last ditch effort they come to see me, the hypnotist.

At this point they have tried will power and have failed so many times they really don't believe they can stop. After the session an amazing thing happens. It has never happened in all of thier attempts to quit smoking before, they simply, honestly, don't want and have no desire for a cigarette, or tobacco products of any kind. Over the course of the next few days they are amazed that they still feel the same way. No desires, no cravngs, and no withdrawal symptoms. By the time a week or two have gone by the amazement wears off and they are simply non-smokers.

Delighted? Yes. Amazed? Always. But most importantly, smoke free.

Your post is over a year old, I see, so I don't know if minet will get to you. I was a smoker for 46 years and had only been ever able to quit for a day or 2 then the urge was too much for me to bear Over a week ago I saw a hypnotist and have not had a smoke yet which is a major accomplishment, especially for me. The patch, chantix, nicorette gum, you name it...i've tried it...nothing worked. So far so good. Now mind you...it hasn't been easy, but after 46 years ONE week has been the longest I've ever gone without a smoke and I have to attribute it to the hypnotist that I saw. She taped the session and then sent me the file of the session. I played it back to myself after 5 days for reinforcement and so far it has worked. $275 for a 2-hr. session.