Hello, guys. My wife is expecting twins. She is in her 8th month of pregnancy. She is planning to nurse them when they are born. I would really like to know what is so special about nursing twins. My wife makes it sound like it is something special. I hope someone will answer my post. Bye!

Hi, there. Nursing is good since it saves money and time. I guess you are already interested after this sentence. I recommend your wife simultaneously feeding. It means each twin on each breath. This will induce more milk to produce since it is taken in larger amounts. I hope your wife will manage. You should be there for her. Congratulations for your twins. Bye!

Hello. I also vote for nursing twins. It is easier to put each one on each breast than to prepare them formulas. Preparing formulas and sterilizing bottles for two babies requires some time. Imagine you did this each time you need to feed them. Nursing allows mother to sit down and relax. She will get to know her babies better in this way. With simultaneous nursing, you won’t have problems to solve which one to feed first. They will eat at the same time in this way. I hope I’ve helped you with this. Bye!

Nursing a baby is a wonderful experience for mom and baby. a bond is formed right away when nursing begins. Baby will sense her/his mom by her breast milk. If a nursing mom stands out of baby's eyesight, he/she will turn their heads towards the mom, they can sense she is close because of her breast milk. In the beginning stages of nursing, there will be no milk. Mom will produce a milk like substance called colustum. You may have noticed her breast leaking this before baby is born. This substance contains several antibodies that are very good for baby, these help to build baby a strong immune system. Breast fed babies seem to be sick some what less than some bottle fed babies. After a few days of baby's birth, moms milk will start to come in.
It is cheaper, more sanitary, no dealing with bottles at 2 a.m., all mom has to do is scoop baby into bed with her and it's chow time. Same with twins, one baby on one side and the other baby on the other, perfect.
When your wife says it's special to her, it's true. Mom and baby snuggle and bond together. If she wants to nurse them, let her. She won't be waking you up during the night to fetch bottles, hers are built in.