I hope this is not a double post. I had wrote one earlier about this topic. WEll anyway I am writing to ask for some advice to my problem. I have had irregular periods since my teens. I would miss months of my periods at a time. I currently have 3 children so I know that I am not sterile. After having my 2nd child and breastfeeding him for 18 months I did not have a period. Now that I had my 3rd child 9 months ago I still have not yet had a menstruation. I can't even remember when my last period was because its been so long. Every pregnancy when the nurse asks for my last menstrual period I can never give them a answer since I don't get mine. I mentioned this to my OB's and they always say that everything seems to be okay but I don't feel that it is. I feel that there is something wrong. My last ob told me that it shouldn't be a problem since I can still get pregnant. Do you have an idea as to what I may have and/or any tests that you suggest I take to verify my problem? Your response will be greatly appreciated.

It is just natural that women don’t get their period while breastfeeding. After I gave birth, I was breastfeeding my baby for 6 months and I got my first period after I stopped lactation. Therefore this is totally not worrying that you never got your period within the period of breastfeeding your baby. And it is also just natural that after this, it can happen that your period becomes more irregular and doesn’t have the same pattern as it used to before. But as you said you have never had regular periods, then it is just the way your organism works. We are all different, you know. I think if everything is okay with you, as you can still get pregnant and breastfeed your children, there is nothing to be worried about. You just don’t get obsessed with this as I think this really is not a serious problem. Your periods were irregular all your life and when you don’t get it during the lactation period it is also the way your body works, ie it’s just the matter of your body chemistry and the way it responds to hormonal influences associated with breastfeeding.