I'm 16 years old and I smoked weed and drank alcohol at the same time. I started throwing up alot after I smoked for my 7th time of smoking. The next day I felt like sh*t and felt extremely dizzy. However, it did not stop. It felt like I was in a dream or something, or like I felt disoriented. I have been feeling like this for several months now. Any know how I can stop it that had the same problem?

We both basically need to quit. This cocktail of alcohol and pot isn't kind to our bodies and it's frying our brains.

The bad news is that quitting is really hard. My advice to you? Join an online support group. (Just google Messageboards pot alcohol withdrawal or something like this.) A website that I've found really helpful is uncommonforum.com Just look for the addictions forum and you'll find a lot of conversations about pot withdrawal in particular.

You'll need face-to-face support as well. This will be crucial, particularly if you're only 16. Twelve Step Organisations like AA and NA can be great for this. If you have the support of family and friends, this is ideal. If your gut tells you that somebody you know and trust will stand by you if they listened to you talking about your problem, then go with your gut. That support will be invaluable. If you don't have this kind of support available, Twelve Step Organisations like AA and NA can provide you with a sponsor and other face-to-face contact. Sometimes a little understanding or a few hugs can be worth more than any cone or drink in the world.

An alternative good resource is smartrecovery.org. I personally prefer SMART's approach to the Twelve Step Approach because SMART doesn't label me as a drug addict or alcoholic, instead encouraging me to challenge the irrational thoughts which lead me to use/drink. In SMART, I am just a person who makes the choice to drink/use as a result of certain thoughts associated with normal life problems. I find that this approach empowers me but, on the other hand, sometimes I envy the hugs they get at AA. ;)

Every approach has its own advantages and disadvantages but you can't do this alone.

The good news is that you really can quit. You are so young and have all the time in the world to put this all behind you. You can lead a healthy, normal life completely drug free.

Be prepared to accept that it may take several attempts at quitting before you can deal with life free of alcohol and pot. Don't blame yourself for your mistakes; just move on from them.

If you're really stuck and just don't know where to start, go to a doctor and just let it all out. They'll let you know what to do from there.

Have some cyber (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) and know that I'm thinking about you.

Trying to quit myself.
Now if only I'd take my own advice!!!

Lisa

Lisa,

I'm very proud of you that you have gone to the extent to seek help for yourself. I don't have much to add to your post but wanted to give you the encouragement to keep trying to get clean and stay that way! I'm pulling for you.

For the original poster, often marijuana can be mixed with other drugs. This could've been the situation for you. However I really encourage you to seek the AA help suggested by Lisa.

I recently had a similar experience. I drank a little and then was offered some pot. I haven't smoked in YEARS and haven't because I stopped liking how pot made me feel. Also because I would drink and smoke and then feel disoriented for days later. Well the same thing happened this time, and I don't know why. I feel dizzy and disoriented and it's been 4 days. The 16 year old mentioned she felt sick for moths later. I was wondering if she felt better and how it stopped. I'm just a little sick of feeling unnormal. Needless to say i'm never smoking again. I'm getting too old for this.

i think what you're experiencing is called depersonalisation. there are plenty of topics on this website, so go searching and you'll find more people in exactly the same situation!

i suffered from depersonalisation for 3 or 4 months after a year of smoking weed almost every day. it was a horrible, horrible experience at the time but it started wearing off and i am almost normal now. i can't say how long this feeling will last for you both but hopefully it will go soon!

okay so like if u did all of the smoking weed and drinking what kind of effects can it have on your life besides it makes u feel good i use to do all of that until i found out that it kills your brain cells and everything else and the doctor told me that it can kill you to so why would the doctor presribe cancer people that pot sh*t to smoke it would help them with anything at all :(

The only way for pot to kill you is if you've also ingested another drug that reacts badly with it, and those drugs are few and far between. Tobacco has more and more dangerous reactions, generally speaking. Also, pot is generally recognized as more of a neuroprotectant than a neurotoxin. It saves your brain cells from damage more than killing them. However, it often leads to lifestyles containing little to no mental stimulation, and thus mental atrophy sets in. It does to the hypothalamus about what early stage Alzheimer's disease does, but the damage is certainly reversible. Dead brain cells aren't really reversible.
That said, I've smoked too long and too much. Quit now if you've ever thought you should; tomorrow will always seem like a better day to quit, and to do anything difficult, but tomorrow is too late. It'll be today before long, and it won't seem like such a good day to quit, then.
I've let my own life get screwed up by pot. 6 years of smoking is easily enough, and more than enough, time wasted to wonder when I gave up on everything else.
Ever heard of state dependent learning? I'd hazard the guess that what is being experienced there is something of this sort. A change has taken place in the brain, and all perceptions are slightly different than before, because of that change. I wouldn't expect this to really 'go away' so much as that you will start to feel comfortable in your own skin again given time. Just don't keep smoking.
If you're on any anti-depressant or mood-stabilizing drugs, many of them react poorly with weed, and I wouldn't find it hard to believe that they could make such symptoms happen and make them last.

Hi, everyone. Im experiencing something similar to the others after smoking pot after not having smoked it for a long time and then drinking considerably after that. Here's how it went:

One day after:
I felt something was odd, I had a little trouble with my balance and I started to feel dizzy.

The first week after:
- Constant panic attacks (especially when I was imagining that the effects are permanent)

- Dizzyness at all times

- Felt really uncomfortable when watching TV.. I had to move constantly on my bed because I was freaking out.

- Trouble studying, I had a hard time memorizing stuff. During my exams, I had to focus and after a while my head started to hurt really bad.. like I was going to pass out.

- Felt empty of emotions, a little depressed

- Fast paced eye movement, noticeable when I read

Second week:

All the previously mentionned symptoms were gone, I felt okay in the morning, but up into the afternoon, i started to feel fatigued and felt dizzy again

Then, since I was starting to feel alright, I decided to drink. Really stupid of me. Since the morning after I started to feel dizzy again and I had constant headaches for three days. And for a few days after that I was having the fast paced eye movement again.

From the third to the sixth week now:

Now I feel much better than I did during the 2 first weeks. However, I might have some slight memory problems, but its not really bad. What annoys me the most is that I am constantly slightly dizzy and because of that, I'm scared to drink alcohol again, cause I dont want to experience the bad stuff I did the last time I drank.

So, have any of you guys experienced similar symptoms as me ? Can anyone tell me if that will eventually pass completely ?

Um quick and simple. I smoke weed everyday, for the past 4 years. I use a vaporizer now after I had gotten extremely ill with breathing, eating, sleeping, and nausea and diarheaa.

So my advice to you, dont smoke blunts. The tar is a MILLLLION times worse. The vaporize just extract the THC if done at the correct temperature. I like to keep it a hair a little lower so I can do too rounds of vaporizing.

But you are 16!!! Stop smoking weed as often, just once a week is alright or once a month.

Hey man , when i read this i honestly was cracking up because it word for word described my very own situation, i thought i was going to die one day after smoking like a 4 gram blunt (rolled to perfection by yours truly) with my buddies. I had been a semi-large potsmoker at the time, basically smoking every other day and always on weekends so i was not new to weed, and midway thru the blunt my hands tingled for like 20 seconds and my heart began racing very fast. I couldnt stop moving or id get uncormfortable almost itchy to move. I decided to do pushups and jumping jacks, which thinkin back it seems very unintelligent considering the fact that making your heart beat faster is exactly what you dont do when trying to avoid a heartattack haha. But hey that is mary jane for yuh =p, she can be a b***h when she wants! Its really no big deal tho man because marijuana is a depressant so your heart actually relaxes when smoking the hurb, however lased buds (know your dealer), and large doses or just even a little amount for newcomers like yourself can cause paranoia. Do Not underestimate the power of the mind! It truly was caused by ourselves, but not knowing this caused panic attacks for us. Now i am not so much of a pothead as i once was, more like an occosional smoker for athletic reasons, but when smoking the ganja i feel comfortable knowing that if i do start to feel paraniod it can be a normal reaction and literally is all in my mind, thus not be paranoid anymore. What can i suggest to people undergoing a panic attack/false alarm heartattack, dont do active things you are putting yourself at risk for a heart attack, relax, know that this is your mind playing tricks on you and that weed does not do this to you and cant kill you, for it is a depressant and only mellows you out. Also go outside in cold air if its winter, idk why but when i did this i almost forgot about my situation because the cold air gave me something else to feel and concentrate on. Cold showers basically the same thing, DONT take a hot shower youll freak out haha it makes things worse. To sum it all up, relax yourself mentally and physically and cool yourself down. (since panic attacks raise your body temp due to fast heart rate)

Peace, -someone who went thru this sh*t.

just pick one ..dont sdo then both at the same time

u dont need to smoke weed if your having these symptoms because i do that all the time and im fine.

hiii every one i am also experiencing the same thing as the guy who posted what he felt week after week i am currently on my 6 week and i feel better then before or the first few days but every once in a while ill feel a bit strange i was wondering what ever happend to jeff would like to know how he is doing now and wonder if i am finally going to get over this i runn every day and havnt done any achole nore ever plan to smoke again

Ive Smoked And Drank Many Many Times & Nothing Happens I Just Feel Amazing And Thats It No Throwing Up Or headaches Just a Good Ol Time

hydroponic weed has definitely been linked to paranoia and anxiety. Our brains will always heal though may not be the same organism as it was before. Realising your anxiety is transient and you will feel better in the near future have really helped me so as the AC-DC song says Ride on....