Can you help me regarding my kid’s problem? She is 2 years old and has some eye problem. Doctors said that it is some sort of retinal dystrophy and I would like to know if that is a hereditary condition. Also, they have to additional testing for a final diagnose; but can you tell me if that condition is treatable.

It is a somewhat hard condition for treating because we are talking about the infants here. I suppose that she will be treated with some eye drops (5% sodium chloride drops) and that is for the possible cornea swelling that might occur. And unfortunately, it is hereditary, but not noticeable until the child’s eyes start tearing constantly and there is sensitivity to light too.

Hi there,
Unfortunately yes, this condition is hereditary and they even call it hereditary retinal dystrophy. Now she is very young so I think that doctors will be able to help her with this condition. I am not sure what is the best treatment option for you but you have to understand that this can be altered with medication or surgery. I am not sure if they will try with the surgery first or will they try to give her medication to see if there is any improvement in the eyes. Some eye drops might be helpful so try to consult your doctor about this. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco