Hi, guys. My son had some vision problems and we took him to an ophthalmologist. He is 18 month old baby and he was diagnosed with accommodative esotropia. I would really like to know something more about this and what to do next. I will appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. Accommodative esotropia usually appears around age of 2. It affects kids who are farsighted. You can try with glasses and eye exercises. However, I suggest you to discuss with your kid’s ophthalmologist about the surgery. Here, eye muscle surgery is done. It is done in general anesthesia. If you don’t do anything, your kid will develop impaired vision. I hope I’ve helped a little in making your decision. Bye!

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking this condition is also known as crossing of the eyes. In most cases this is caused by farsightedness. In most cases this condition is noticed in children. The problem is that children who have farsightedness easily cross their eyes in order to see the objects that are near. The fact is that this condition can be controlled by glasses if they are used all the time. I am not sure if the condition will return if the glasses are not used. You have to discuss with your doctor about the accurate type of glasses for your son. I hope that this helped a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen