I am having problems with my eye, with macula to be more specific. It looks like there is a hole in the center of that area and that is why I am having problems with my eyesight. Ophthalmologist said that I will have to go for a surgery so I would like to know if this hole can reseal naturally?

I am not sure that it can happen. And anyway, macular hole surgery is nothing dangerous or complicated and it will restore your vision back to normal. Although the post op period knows to be tricky (you have to wear an eye patch) because you should be positioned with your face down as long as possible.

Thank you Lauren1146...... i have been stressing all day since my son called me with what he called some bad news. Telling me he was diagnosed with a hole in the retina. The surgury part was scaring me but you gave me alot of hope. My son is 23 yrs old, Thanks much..I appreciate