Hi, I have a retinal hole, and it sounds really scary. Is there anyone else with this condition? Do I really have a hole in my eye?

Hi, you are probably imagining it worse than it really is. A hole is actually a small area where retina is thin and weak. A jelly feeling between the lens and the retina is actually a vitreous body that helps holding the retina in place. That virtuous body is shrinking and it causes traction or a hole on the retina. This is not the only cause, the aging or injury can also trigger tearing of retina. Retinal holes can sometimes cause a condition called retinal detachment. One of the options is to seal the hole by cryotherapy or Laser. These are simple procedures that last only few minutes. However, your doctor will know the best what is a proper treatment for you.