Hello, guys. My brother was diagnosed with macular traction. He is administrated to the clinic. I am concerned about his condition. I would like to know if macular traction can lead into blindness. What can you tell me about this? I would appreciate all your help. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello to you too. Macular traction can lead to vision loss. These symptoms vary. They vary from mild vision loss to severe one. However, this severe vision loss is not so common. I think you shouldn’t worry about the blindness. You should talk to your brother’s ophthalmologist. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all. Bye!

Hi there,
I know that macular traction can be anterior and posterior. In the begging the macular traction is usually noticed as problems win vision but in later stages as the disease progresses it will lead to blindness. So the answer is yes this can lead to blindness and you have to understand that you will need to find the treatment option as soon as you can. I think that the Vitrectomy is a procedure that will benefit you’re the most. However this is something that you have to discuss with your doctor. I think that there are other treatment options. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco