Hi. I think I have a yeast infection. I have all the symptoms. However, I am not sure men can develop such infection. I would like to hear from somebody with experience can men suffer from yeast infections? Would they pass it?

Hi. Of course it is possible. I have a penile yeast infection. It is caused by Candida and it occurs on the penis. The head of my penis is red and I have small blisters over it. You can prevent the transmission by wearing a condom. Male yeast infection is treated like other fungal infections, with meds. Sometimes, a yeast infection may be a sign of some other disease, for example, AIDS, diabetes, and leukemia. Cranberry juice can help you.

i agree with the previous reply. i am a medical assistant and yes men can get yeast infections usually contracted from a woman having a yeast infection. CRANBERRY juice is not helpful with this although it it usefull with UTI urinary tract infections...yogurt is a good way to prevent yeast infections but it is not effective right away ..it takes a certain amount of yogurt to get to the urinary tract...so in other words a yogurt a day..