Can swimming in a lake or pond cause a UTI or prostate problems?? There are several family gatherings this summer at dirty lakes and ponds. As such, I want to avoid the water if the above is possible. Thanks.

My friend is suffered by urinary infection. Pus also coming with his urine. I m also using his toilet.Is it possible urinary problems can spread to me.

Hello there,

It is very commendable that you are concerned about your health and that you want to know if there is some danger to your health and if there is that you are aware so you can avoid it.

I don’t think that you can get UTI by swimming in the lake and if you see that water in the pond is dirty of course don’t swim in it because of other reasons.

If you are afraid of UTI you can try to drink cranberry juice and cranberry tea. There are also cranberry pills but I think that juice and tea are much more successful in preventing the urinary tract infections because these are preventing the growth of the bacteria in the bladder.