I am a 25 yr old female with constant UTi's. My urologist has put me on a prophalactic of Microbid, and he wants me to cathater 6 times a day. I have been having these issues since I was 3 and still have no definate answers. They did surgery on my bladder to remove the enlarged diverticulums when I was 15 and they are seeing two small ones start. I have issues with taking these pills on a daily basis and dealing with the side effects of antibiotics, such as consitpation, and yeast infections. I drink cranberry jiuce for the infections, yogurt for the yeast, and I need other options. Anything at this point would be great.

I also have gotten constant UTI's and have managed to conquer them. I can suggest these things to you, but talk with your doctor before you take any of the supplements I recommend.

Sometimes women get repeated UTI's because they don't actually kill the bacteria. Sometimes antibiotics can kill some of the bacteria, but not all, thus getting rid of the symptoms but not really getting rid of the infection. Then when the antibiotic regimen is over, the left over bacteria are free to multiply. SilverBiotics or ASAP (the same product, different name) is a fabulous product to kill the bad bacteria (but not the good). It's a nano-silver supplement, NOT a colloidal silver, so it doesn't accumulate in the body and is non-toxic. It also doesn't interact with most, if any, medications. I've taken this product myself with antibiotics and it's been fine. You can even use it every day, not just during infections. Again, I would suggest you do this only under the supervision of your doctor.

Drinking cranberry juice every day is great, as is yogurt. The good bacteria in yogurt and related dairy products help to kill off bad bacteria as well as yeast. I would also suggest you consume at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day: If you weight 120 pounds, that's 60 ounces of water a day. This will help flush out any bacteria in the urinary tract, keep your body hydrated, and cleanse the body. You can also consume reconstituted lemon juice, which is fabulous at cleansing out the kidneys, preventing the infection from going into your kidneys. Also eat plenty of garlic and onions, preferably raw so they have the most antibiotic power.

Watch your sugar consumption. If you consume more than 100 grams of sugar in an hour, your white blood cell count drops so low that your body can't fight off any pathogens for the next five hours. If you want to eat some sugar, make sure that it's small. This includes white flour and white rice, honey, molasses, and fructose (fruit), although you're the safest with fruit. Sugar feeds bacteria. If you want something that won't, think about switching to xylitol. It doesn't feed bacteria or yeast; in fact, it has known antibiotic properties. However, if you're going to do so, incorporate it into your diet slowly. It's known to cause mild diarrhea in those who aren't used to it.

I hope this helps!