My 19 month old son has been on antibiotics for about one month for recurrent ear infections. As a result he has also had a yeast infection in his diaper area. My pediatrician prescribed cream for it and it has been getting better, however i notice that the tip of his penis looks almost like it has a white film over it. I think this still may be some yeast infection. He also has a distended belly which was checked by my pediatrician and found to not be a problem. Could this be related? I also noticed that today he has been excessively thirsty and urinating quite frequently. Any ideas?

OMG ... my son has the same symptoms. Yeast infection in his bottom and excessive urinating and thirsty.

Did you find out any info?

Hi there,
The thing here is that your son might have problems with urinary tract infection. It might not be a yeast infection which you treated him for but the urinary tract infection which was not treated appropriately. I would suggest you to talk to your pediatrician about the possibility of urinary tract infection and see if you can get some treatment for your son. Has his ear infection cleared? I know that ear infections and urinary tract infections are very often in children but in most cases they get treated without any further complications in life. Also try to keep him hydrated all the time because water will help with the infection.

All the best,
Danella