I am a fifteen year old boy and when I feel sexually charged, I hump the arm rest of my sofa or the corner of my bed (fully clothed), first of all: is this normal?! Secondly can this cause any kind of damage or impotency? And thirdly is it possible for me to now start using the 'normal' methods.

I have been "humping" things since i learnt to masturbate, every time I masturbate I "hump" even a few years down the line, doing it normally just does not work for me and I can't orgasm. It has never damaged me in any way shape or form, If you want my advice just enjoy the feeling when you masturbate, don't worry about which way you do it, just do what feels nice and works for you, everyone's different.

To answer the question,yes ,certain masturbation tecniques can cause certain damage to the penis.When i was a teen i read playboy magazine,and i read in there that if you squeeze the penis tight just before you climax,that it enhanses the sensation.Well silly me,i tried it a few times,and it does sort of enhance the feeling,however now my penis,when i become aroused ,remains soft in the middle,where i'd applied the pressure,probably due to some tissue damage.It becomes hard after a minute or two,but i wouldn't fool around with things like this.

It took me a lot of years to realize why I was doing the same thing as you. You're humping like that because you don't have a foreskin. You're supposed to have literally 15 square inches more skin (that's how much is cut off) that spills over past the head of your penis, letting you roll skin over the end and masturbate easily. You're supposed to be able to masturbate effortlessly with your hand given the natural design of the penis, but unfortunately major genital surgery took that away.

Circumcision began in the 1800's as a cure for masturbation; that's very well documented. Since you're concerned about damaging it (same as I was when I did that humping thing), it probably means something's not right in how you get yourself off, no?

There's something called 'foreskin restoration' where you apply gentle tension to your penile skin every day for a few years and people have really impressive results. They develop beautiful looking foreskins and report insanely improved penis sensitivity. You can make a device at home, use t-tape to stretch it, etc. You may well want to start googling it - I was motivated to post because of the memories I have of doing that same humping thing, and worrying about hurting my skin, and now I finally understand why and have been (very slowly) able to do something about it.

even years into a relationship, people hump each other to get started out and aroused. it's perfectly normal.

Dont do this. I used to do kind of the same thing as you when I was about 12-13. I damaged my penis, now it curvs sligtly to the side in the middle of the shaft, and my penis head curves down a little, I also have a small problem keeping my penis erect when i am standing, I think back at how I could be that dumb, but hey I was just a kid who did not know how to mastrubate. Stop this know before you sprain your penis!!!

Actually, have you been masturbating like that just recently? Or have you don't in similar ways throughout your whole life? There's a type of problem called Traumatic Masturbation Syndrome, which is generally found in people who discover masturbation the wrong way (instead of the conventional hand wrapped around the penis). Usually, this shouldn't cause any problem to the penis itself (but could possibly), but over time, it has been seen in some TMS-present people to cause erectile dysfunction. This is probably do to ejaculation while not erect. I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff, its just a tip i randomly found out searching the web.

hey when i masturbate with my hand it doesnt make me ejaculate so i get in the nude and lay on my bed with a pillow under my penis and hump that it makes me orgasm and it does no damage

Do not hump so that your penis rubs against something (even pillows, mattresses, sofa, etc). The penis will be damaged in two ways: a curve may develop and nerve endings will be destroyed. These kinds of damages are irreversible. The penis is supposed to be protected by a foreskin and enter the vagina, which is soothing compared to rough, inanimate surfaces that can be humped. Do not circumcise your children and make sure hands are used for masturbation. This is serious business, no joking. It ruins lives and no one tells you that it can't. I am telling you.

lol circumcision did not originate 200 yrs ago, and it is definitely NOT responsible for you humping strange objects. If you really cant just get it done with your hand, buy latex gloves, wrap one up in a small towel, use some lube, and go to town.

Ive had a problem with this for a long time. I think its caused physical damage, whether its serious or minor i know know. Its been psycological too though since ive refused to talk about it and its caused me to suffer from depression. I havent sorted the problem out due to self denial that i have the problem and fear of telling people that are close to me. It could be an easy to solve problem but i just want to know if anyone has any advice on what first steps to take to solve this ???

This is untrue. I wasnt circumcised and still have my foreskin, and i also prefer to masturbate with this method. i can orgasm either way, but the orgasm is better if i do the pressure (not directly on my penis but above it between the pelvic bone and the penis) thing. I have no damages so far that i've noticed, but i am worried it could cause damages. and my girlfriend says it kinda hangs to the left. i never noticed that myself. Not being circumcised does make the head more sensitive, but has nothing to do with the fact that the pressure method gets a better orgasm.

I have had the same masturbation problem. I never could ejaculate by using my hand but could by putting pressure on my penis when it was soft. Now unfortunately, i can very rarely get an erection and when i do it does not last long. Due to this i am not in a relationship and suffer from depression. I am also to embaressed to seek help.

I first masturbated on accident by brushing up against a pillow. And since then I've been masturbating by humping things, usually pillows. I've tried masturbating with my hands even with lube and it just doesn't work, it feels good but it just doesn't work. I'm circumcised and I'm wondering if there is any ways that I can slowly convert to masturbating by hand? 

I don't see why you can't masturbate by hand if your mind is into it.

You mentioned using lube. I don't like using lube.

I'm not circumcised and when I desensitized my glans I did it by pulling my foreskin back tightly and cleaning the shaft and glans with rubbing alcohol. Then I kept touching and gently rubbing the whole shaft and glans until I was finally able to grasp it and rub it without any discomfort. That felt so good it always resulted in me masturbating each time I worked on the desensitization.

Since then I have always masturbated by holding the foreskin back tight and dry rubbing. I have never had a problem with achieving the desired results this way and it has been over 40 years since I did the desensitization. I don't see how that would be any different than you being circumcised. It also feels good to put a sock on my hand for the rougher feeling of it rubbing against my glans. The only drawback to that is I have to quit rubbing when I come because the sock hurts when the glans gets wet. Using my bare fingers the wetness only lubricates my fingers and I can keep rubbing on the glans as I come which is nice for that really intense feeling at the tip of it.

I have to think of some girl who turns me on though. It doesn't work well if I don't. Holding the skin back tight so it doesn't move up and down on tthe shaft seems to work best. That way my hand is rubbing it the whole way.