To anyone that is considering a cortisone shot, please reconsider. I didn’t think about it at the time because I wanted the pain to go away. It’s a steroid so unless you’re super active or you’re extremely lucky, you’re going to gain weight. I gained 25 pounds in 4 months after getting a high dose of cortisone into my right shoulder. I am not a person that gains weight easy..,,even when I am not active so I know it was the steroid shot. I got rear ended and my whole right side of my body took the impact and I wasn’t able to do intense workouts. I paid the price! Now the pain is back and I’m 25 pounds heavier! Not worth it and I wish I put some thought into doing it first.

I'm wondering how long it took after you received the last injection to start noticing the weight gain. I had a shot three months ago and over the last month about half my hair has fallen out and I'm beginning to put on weight for no reason. I have the same diet and same exercise routine that I've done for the last 2 years without any weight gain. Now within 2 weeks I have outgrown my pants. Help!

I had two cortisone shots two weeks apart in January of this year. I am active jog a few times a week. I’ve put on 5 lbs around my stomach, hips and thighs. I had my period 7 days after my first shot and I wasn’t supposed to get it for and 2 1/2 weeks later! Obviously it came early and I haven’t had my period since 1/14!! It’s almost April now. I’m concerned my period won’t get back on track for a while and very concerned my hair is going to fall out too! Of course the Drs day it’s not from the shots! Has anyone had this happen after 2 cortisone shots a couple weeks apart and will I continue to gain weight? Major concern my hair is going to fall out too!? Please help!

I just had a shot today and I lost 21 pounds on a diet through my job through my insurance and I'll be damned if I gain that weight back that I lost I tried too hard to lose that weight proteins fish Dairy lot of water exercise nuts and beans avocados and I get on my scale in the morning go straight to the company to let them know how much weight I lost this morning I lost Twenty One Pilots so far started at 2:36 weigh 215 now

I have had four shots in my hand in three months. Have gained 30lbs. My face, and abdem mostly. I new something was up. I'm misserable and feeling so bloated. I can't believe the Dr's didn't warn me of this. I worked hard to lose my weight before this. It's horrible.

Hi i been through 3 cortisone shot due to carpal tunnel and de quervains in my hands one was in may 17 and the other october 17 i puffed up like a balloon my eyes looked like i was stung by a bee now my whole body is covered in red stretch marks i feel diagusting dont want to dress up or go out anymore i feel so depress the shots didnt work so just had my hand operated on and went to see the surgeon who he said i need an injections in my left hand when i mention the weight gain he laughed at me and i quote is highly unlikely and you b the first case reported it that was true.. I felt so bad thinking i was crazy i hve to thank u guys im not crazy

I have had 5 cortisone shots in my wrist since Oct I have gained weight...I don't intend to get another...I'd like to know how long it stays in yr system..