Hello, folks. My good friend had some change on her lip. She went to a doctor. After several tests, she was discovered a lip cancer. I have never known that this could happen to someone. I would like to know something more about this. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Lip cancer is not a rare condition. There are many risk factors that are related to this cancer. One of them is tobacco. Excessive alcohol abuse can also be blamed for this. Treatment should be multidisciplinary. It should include otorhinolaryngologist, radiation and medical oncologist, dermatologist, oral and maxillofacial surgeon, plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Options are surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Which one your friend will choose, it will depend on the tumor stage. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!