I was suppose to get my period december 12 but missed it and that same day had unprotected sex. Then 5 days later I start having light vaginal bleeding. can this mean I might be pregnant? P.s I'm get my period every month on time.

Many women are at least two months if not further along in their pregnancy before they realize that they might be pregnant. Late or missed period is one early sign of pregnancy. Swollen and tender breasts are an early sign of pregnancy. Many women also experience similar spells of tenderness in the breasts just before they begin a period. This sign is not conclusive for that reason. One way to determine the difference is by watching for darkening of the areolas. This is the area of skin around the nipples that is already darker than the rest of the breasts. Nausea, or morning sickness, is a common enough sign during the first three months of a pregnancy. Frequent urination is another sign of pregnancy. Do you have these symptoms too?

Chances that you get pregnant by having sex on the day when you were supposed to get your period are very very small, especially when your period is more or less on time. That is because your most fertile period in month is during 2-3 days roughly in the middle of your cycle, during ovulation. Many things can have effects on your ovulation and on your period. I’m sure you know about stress and what it can do to your period, and all the worrying about pregnancy definitely doesn’t help. You should take the test just to calm yourself down, but I don’t think you’re pregnant.