A few months ago, my husband and I had unprotected sex. I got my period 2 weeks late but the length of my menstrual cycles vary from month to month. This period was the normal 7 days period (not spotting). After that period, my vagina was dryer than normal and my next period came 3 days early and was very "normal" yet again. After this period I thought I ovulated due to my CM changes (went from dry to egg white to kinda dry) and I have been experiencing nausea and bloating which are typical during ovulation and PMS but are coming at odd times and my breasts seem to hurt a bit at weird times. Its not like when i am going to start my period (my nipples become extremely sensitive and tender). Instead its like random sharp pains in one breast at a time but it goes away quickly. I took 2 pregnancy tests 2 weeks after 1st period and another 2 weeks after that. I am just wondering if I could be pregnant since I have heard all this talk of women becoming pregnant and having neg tests and bleeding.

Thanks.

Hi! Many women can experience episodes of bleeding and spotting during pregnancy. Bleeding is especially common in the first trimester and about 30% of pregnant women experience bleeding during this time. Although fewer women bleed during the second and third trimesters, spotting is still possible and not all that uncommon. If you take a home pregnancy test too early, you may get a false negative result. Certain fertility medications and rare medical conditions may skew the results of pregnancy tests, and false negatives may be more common in these situations.