I have been on cerazette (the mini pill) for 8 months now and have not received a period since I started taking it.
I know this is normal.
Before I went onto the pill I normally would have started my period around the 23rd of each month.
Last week I bled the brown stuff for a day and thought I might get a clear out this month but nothing happened.
Normally when I get my period my boobs feel sore for a few days, but mine have been sore for over a week to 2 weeks now.
I have been having unprotected sex since me and my partner got our full sexual heath screening (which turned out to be clear of all) and I started the pill.
I have missed 6 pills in the past month and a half :-(
I am not sure if I am pregnant because although I have some symptoms, I don't have others.
Symptoms I do get is:

headache
tired
back ache
tender breasts
increased sence of smell
Darkening of my areolas
mood swings

but on the other hand I don't see a change in going to the toilet more often or food cravings or morning sickness.

But now and then my site goes like a black mist and I get light headed, but if I just keep myself as still as I can it goes away and I feel fine.

Is this just the pill talking or what is the chances of me accually being pregnant?
If none then what could cause the brown blood, sore breasts or even the symptoms?

Many Thanks

Amy x

Hi ajm,
Sounds like pregnancy to me. I am not sure if the pill can actually cause darkening of the areolas, but that is one definite symptom, along with tender breasts and dizziness. Some women have nausea, some dont :-) . I am not sure if you are aware .... have you taken any anti-biotics while on this pill? The anti-biotics usually lessen the "potency" of the birth control pill. You also mentioned you missed 6 pills.
I would go and get a pregnancy test, and if it comes out positive, please be sure to get the proper prenatal care, vitamins etc. You have a little life growing in there :-)

Let us know how you are doing
Blessings,
Hizgrace

Hey Hizgrace,

Thank you for your reply!
I had to take some anti biotics but it was like 5 months ago now.. Would it still affect my pill now?
But I don't think I am pregnant, with my sore breasts, some days they feel bad but other days the pain seems to ease alittle.
I will take a test but I don't want to be too early taking one, when do you think I should take one?
I am scared to take one a test because the more I think about it I don't know how I would react to either of the answers.
And if it does come out positive then I will take great care of it, Every childs a gift in my eyes =]

Many Thanks

Amy x

Hi Amy,
No, the antibiotics wont affect it now. It is suggested to use an alternate form of birth control throughout the entire course of antibiotics until they are finished, and including a week after. Something about the chemistry of the antibiotics.
If you are pregnant, dont be afraid. Just remember that this is a gift to you, a blessing. He will provide your strength, I promise. It is SUCH a miracle. I have 3 boys. One passed away, when I was only 10 weeks along. I was able to hold him in the palm of my hand, and he was COMPLETELY formed.... I could see the wrinkles in his TINY hands and feet (he was about as big as my pinkie finger). SOOO precious. I dont know what your situation is, but I have come to find through my life that ANY unplanned events, ANY struggles, ANY difficulties provide us with 1) things to learn 2) opens our eyes to strengths that we never knew were given to us 3) gives us to opportunity to share our struggles, and encourage and help one another and watch others grow 4) see miracles in things that we might otherwise miss 5) make us stronger to overcome things we never thought we ever could 6) bring us joys that we might have missed otherwise 7) humble us.
Depending on how late you are, I might buy one of those 3 packs of pregnancy test (fact plus or first response are real good) and take one with your first morning urine (has the most HCG levels).
Dont be scared, it is SOOO normal for the first reaction to sometimes nervousness. Remember that your hormones are also changing and adjusting, which cause different "fun" emotions. This is totally normal, and you will recognize.
Please let me know what you find out, and if you would like, I welcome your posts, emails to pm or whatever if you need some extra "soundboard" during your pregnancy. Bless you, dont be afraid, ok? You will be find. Just wait to see your little blessing smile for the very first time and the love in the eyes. It will melt your heart and only make you want to push yourself more and more.

Blessings,
Hizgrace

Dear Hizgrace,

Thank you for your heartfelt advice, it has been the best advice anyone has given me!
I am very sorry to here about your loss, it must be hard to loose a child.
I will get a test as soon as and let you know how I get on.
Thank you for your support and guidance.
I will be in contact as soon as I can.

Many Thanks

Amy

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

i def. think that you may be pregnant.. you have missed it 6 times and if you are having unprotected sex (without a condom) then you probably are... but i also need yalls advice on something.. me and my boyfriend always wear a condom while having sex, and he used to pull out even with a condom on since i was not on birth control yet. well for a few weeks now he has stopped pulling out but we still wear a condom and i know it hasnt busted or ripped because we check. but im about to start my period on the 4th...but i just keeps feeling like im pregnant.. you think im just over reacting? please give me some advice.. this is taking over everything
thank
tt

I don't think your pregnant, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Are you on any form of birth control at the moment?

Amy x

i am going on it when i start my period thats coming up next week. but im so carful that hes still going to wear a condom and he is still going to pull out... call me crazy but it would just be my luck if i did get pregnant. so you think im just over reacting too much? thinking about it too much?

Well personally, I think its all in your head.. I have been there a few time, thinking that I could be and getting symptoms and then realising that its all in my head.
You said you used a condom but it didnt split or anything like that so its highly impossible to be honest.
So you want a baby then? Have you talked to your partner? If so, what did he say? If not, then I think you should tell him/talk to him, just sit down with him and tell him how you feel, he might feel the same way =]

no no no, i do not want a child yet im only 17. we have talked about it before and he knows and understand how i feel about it so we are on the same page. but it has just been getting to me. can good are the first response tests? the ones that tell you 6 days before you first missed period

hey im really worried, i had unprotected sex yesterday and now i feel sick and headachey. i am on the pill noramin but i always normally make sure we use a comdom as well. i am so worried i may be pregnant. i just spent 5 days scuba diving too, would this affect how well the pill works?please help!!!should i go and get the morning after pill or what? iread that it can be effective up to 120 hours after sex. am i just being paranoid? would the extra nitrogen in my body from diving affect the pill?

did he pull out atleast when you did not wear a condom?? and just to be safe i would go get the plan b pill immediately!! i dont think scuba diving has anything to do with it