Okay i need some help.
Okay me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex for on the 7th of december 2009 twice
and both times he ejaculated in me. Then we also had sex on the 8th of december unprotected once
and then hours after having sex i started to bleed. im not aware of when my periods due to i dont get
them very often for some reason and not very sure. I am wanting to get pregnant and all but i didnt
know that my "Period" was coming or anything so im a bit confused as to if its just bleeding after sex thats setting in
or if im starting my period. But my question is can i still be pregnant even if i have my period or if it isnt even my period?

A woman can become pregnant from having sexual intercourse during menstruation. In fact, recent research conducted by the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggests that women have the potential to become pregnant at virtually any time during their cycle. While the chance of pregnancy is greater on certain days of a woman's cycle (ovulation), it is never completely absent. So have faith and good luck. Keep me posted.

Here is a link that might help explain period like bleeding if there is a chance that you are pregnant. It will give you more detailed symptoms to look at. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_be_pregnant_but_still_have_your_period

I this helps.

thanks you so much for the information its helping me try to understand. im still not sure wether it is my period or
not due to the fact i only had sex yesterday and thismorning before i started bleeding. usually i have some signs of when im
about to get my period so im not sure as to wether this is my period or not.

OK, so the blood you experienced a couple hours after you engaged in sex is most likley due to the hormones released durring sexual arousal. by the sounds of it you just had sex yesterday/today correct? if that is the case it is WAY to early to tell, infact the sperm cells are most likely still swimming up and trying to find your egg. it normally takes around 72 hours after sex for fertilization to occur. you will have to wait at least two weeks before doing any pregnancy tests and it will be more apparent if you don't have a period in the next month or so...

Congrats and wishful thinkin..... keep us posted :-)

thanks guys . Use's are a big help... So i was correct it will take a few days before the sperm can reach the egg if the egg has been realeased . so chances are i will become pregnant even if i am having my period due to having sex prior to this happening. Usually i start off light brownish red but atm its light red and its getting sorta heavyish and it usually doesnt do that.. i really want a baby but im just scared somethings going wrong atm and i had sex at the wrong time.

i will definately keep you both posted. if the bleeding hasnt stopped in a few days or so then i know whats going on but
if it stops then i have no clue.. i will definately will be doing a pregnancy test in 2-3 weeks then another one in another 2-3 weeks just
to confirm

I am glad that that site helped you. Just keep in mind that you can not always tell 2 or 3 weeks after. When I get pregnant my period was like 2 months late, but that is not all that unusual for me. I remember taking a test and it came up negative. It was not until 5 weeks after that I took another one. Low and behold I was pregnant, but the result was so faint I was really uncertain. So do not get discouraged if it is negative. You can have false negatives all the time, but no false positive. I am not saying you will have this problem just try not and stress to much about it. I tried for a year and a half and I stressed about it constantly. It wasn't until I got it in my head that I probably was not going to have a baby that I got pregnant., but I hope you do not have any problems. I do not think anyone should have to go through all the stress and agony of worrying about whether it will happen this month or one year from the next for that matter. Good luck again and I hope you get what you are looking for.

Ok I feel the need to clear some things up. Yes a woman can get pregnant at any time of the month but let me explain how and when this is possible.

A woman's cycle starts at cycle day one with the first day of your period. The time between the first day of your period and the day you ovulate varies in a lot of women. It could happen five days later or it could happen 25 days later, it varies. Ovulation is what you need to conceive. A woman does not ovulate during her period BUT sperm can live in the woman's reproductive system for an average of 5 days and in more unusual cases 7 to 10 days but those later numbers are not so common. So in order for a woman to get pregnant from sex she had the day before her period she would have to ovulate no more than 10 days later and that is even stretching it. I'd say no more than five days later to be on the safe side.

So to make a few points:

1. Your period isn't regular and considering how many months you claim you go without one that means you aren't ovulating a lot of the time. This is called an anovulation cycle. Your cycle occurs because of a chain reaction of signals bouncing between your brain and your reproductive organs. Without ovulation and a released egg then this chain is interrupted and your body fails to shed it's uterine lining.

2. If the sex you had was rough and you have gone a while without a period it's very possible the bleeding you felt was just a result of your cervix getting disrupted and some of your uterine lining shaking loose. It happens to me all the time. In fact, when I'm late I use my husband to kickstart my cycle in this way. ;-)

3. Don't make the mistake of thinking that blood was any kind of ovulation or implantation bleeding. It happened WAY TOO SOON. It takes 6 to 12 days for implantation to occur.

In summary... I think the chance that you're pregnant is a slim one when you look at the facts. Stranger things have happened but your odds really are not good unless you had sex prior to the incident you're asking about now. I hope this helps and good luck to you.