Hi all. I’m 18 and I have one question. I’ve been in sexual relationship with my boyfriend for 3 months now. We used condoms every single time. But, lately, he’s trying to convince me not to use one when I have my period, or at least the first day of it, but I’m scared that I will get pregnagnt. So, can i get pregnant if i have sex a day befor my period, or during period??

YES YOU CAN! Many people think that if a woman has sex during her period, she can't get pregnant. Even though this is a common belief, you CAN GET PREGNANT while you are bleeding. It is same for every single day of the period – first, second, last. You see, ovulation can occur before the bleeding from your period has stopped, or it may occur within a few days after your period is over. One way or the other, having unprotected sex at any time, including when you're menstruating, is very risky. Take care.

OK, two golden rules here:

1. If you do not want to get pregnant, ALWAYS use contraception, or even two forms, like condoms plus the birth control pill. It's theoretically true that you cannot get pregnant during certain times of your cycle, but you have to be really on top of things to follow exactly when you are fertile. Don't go there, and just use contraception. 
  2. Guys who try to convince you to have sex without a condom when you don't both actively decide to try and get pregnant and you're not on the pill or something are bad news. Do you think he'll be around to support you if you do get pregnant?

You do you and if he doesn't respect that, that's not cool. Don't wonder, can I get pregnant if I do what my BF wants me to do that I don't want to do. Wonder, do I want a guy who tries to convince me to do something I'm scared of and that can have serious consequences? That's just me though. What you do is obviously up to you. 

Can you get pregnant if you have sex a little before you period, but your on birth control?

but im on birth control

ok....contrary to popular belief, you can get pregnant at ANY time!!!!!
Many women get pregnant during their periods as sometimes your ovaries don't release the eggs until a few days into your periods!
I am worried as to why your b/friend is urging you to do this? Is he not happy he has you as it is???
Please..be aware as I say to everyone....pregnancy is not the be all and end all of having unprotected sex! Contracting STD's can be!!!
Believe me...use your condoms if you want to avoid the mental anguish that you have something far worse than a baby inside you!
If he doesn't like it....tough!
Keep theplastic on!

Maybe he's not really just trying to have a baby, but he's scared to lose you and he thinks that if you have his baby you'll be less likely to go anywhere.

I've never known a guy that's done this trick before (key word: known.....I'm sure it happens a lot), but I've known a few girls who've done that.......most of the time it doesn't work, they just end up as single parents fighting over custody and child support...

SO, my advice is when your boyfriend doesn't put it on......tell him he's not getting any. You're only 18, have a career and get rich before you start thinking about babies, if he's still around by then, you guys can start a family then.

okay so me and my partner didnt use condoms. we had unprotected sex but the next day i started my period. am i pregnant ?

yeah thats happend to me, Im wondering wether theres a chance im pregnant, I had sex a day before my period and im still on like normal.
Can someone please help me...I had a baby boy in january. thanks

im 16 and i had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke i went to the doctor about six weeks after i thought i was pregnant i had 98% of the symptoms and the test came back negative but im still having symptoms so i dont kno wat to do? should i go and try a blood test?

well what if you're in a relationship ...ya'll have been to together for 9 months...its somewhat sexual...okay then you have sex wit him then the next day you start your periodcould the girl be pregnant.......what that mean>>>
then you get scared cause you've been sleepin & eation a lot than normal for your body type......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :? :? :? :? :? :? :(

so i had sex with my gf and she was said her period was on the next day... she had her full period which was fine and it made me think ok she isnt pregnant. we havent had sex since then and she is telling me she is a day late off her period what does this mean?

i had sex on the 27/08/09 in early hours of the morning and my period came the next day and i was on for like 5 days and now i look pregnant and im going the loo nearly 2 times in a hour and very sleepy all the time and my mood swing are every where :'( could i be and how soon can i find out if i am %-) ???
kitty

I had sex with my boyfriend, the condom had split, and he had ejaculated, and i was due to come on the next day, could i be pregnant? please help

No you cant!! im sorry but i dont no were u got u ur info from but you canot get pregnant during your period, your period is basicaly the lining of your womb coming away, its possible to get pregnant a day before and a day after but not whilst your on my sisters a nurse so whatever you want to comment its not true, see your doctor or any health care proffesional, they will tell you exactley the same.