I am worried that I might be pregnant. I had unprotected sex but it was during my period. So, now I have a doubt because I have heard the it is impossible to get pregnant during period. Can someone tell me more about this?

To avoid unwanted pregnancy, you need to use some kind of protection. I am sure that you already know that, so be responsible. I don't want to sound like I am attacking you, I just want you to realize that sometimes it is better to avoid certain situations. Now, when it comes to getting pregnant during your pregnancy, this has become like an urban legend. There is never perfectly safe period because a woman's cycle is not completely predictable. When an egg is released from your egg sac, it is heading down the fallopean tube and it ends up in the uterus. Then, this egg waits to get fertilized by a sperm and turn into a baby. If no sperm comes along, the egg and the uterus lining flushes away through vagina and this is a period. When a new egg is released from egg sac, the cycle starts all over again. While the lining is being flushed isn't the ideal time for sperm to enter your body and pregnancy because there isn't a uterine lining waiting for the new baby. However, a woman's cycle isn't always that steady and this is especially the case in teenagers and young adults. So, in some cases it is possible to get pregnant while having period because sometimes eggs can easily be released at odd times. No matter what point in your cycle you are, if you don't want to get pregnant, use protection.

I have 4 children.I got pregnant with all of them during a period

hiya i was wounding if ani one could help me am onli 17 yrs old and i lost mi v on the 26th of december 2006 but i didnt use a compon n he cumed in side in but i came on 2 days after that so could i get pregnant plz ******* plz i need ur help thank you gina

**edited by moderator**

i have been on the pill for 4 years now.. at the end of last month my ex and i had unprotected sex the week i was on the placebo pills.. im not sure if he came inside of me but it is a possibility.. but last month and this month i have been doing a horrible job of remembering to take my pill everyday.. the past 10 days i have felt really tired and have been turned off by certain foods. and the day after we had sex i had light bleeding for less than a day then it stopped.. then 2 days later i had a heavy period.. could i be pregnant?

I'm sure you would have found out by now .. Skipping a day during your periods can be a sign of pregnancy. Not only in the first month but in the comming months as well i.e. approx 16 weeks. reason : If the umbillical chord is not joined properly to the zygote irregular bleeding occurs which is mostly mistaken as periods. An Ultrasound should help to clear such doubts.

I'm 4 months pregnant, and I was on the pill, but it happened on my period So yes its possible

Actually... the egg is released into the fallopian tube and thats where the sperm meets it and then it goes on to travel down into the uterus and begin implanting. Please, be better informed if your going to make ppl think you are so well educated on the matter!!

It could be possible for you to become pregnant if protection was not used...Sperm can live inside a womens body any where from 3 to 7 days at the latest....Even if this was your first time at having intercourse....

you can get pregnant on your period. You should use protection always, if you don't want to get pregnant.

i need help me and my bf have been having sex for a few months now and a few days ago we had sex and we didnt use a condom but we used the pull out method he pulled out right before he had to cum, and im suppose to get my period in 3 days can i get pregnant......another mistake was a few days ago we were teasing and he came on me but not in me can i get pregnant please i need to know.....???

My boyfriend and I had sex when I was on my period. It was a very heavy period and a lot of clumps. And he finished in me. I had my period for about 2 more days; well here it is the 30th and I still haven't had my period. Could I be pregnant?

is it true that sperm can stay inside of you for 3-4 days? i had unprotected sex during the end of my cycle, i thought there was no possible way to get pregnant on your period at the time, and now my period is late

ok so I know you can get pregnant on your period, but does it matter on what day? My fiance and I are planning on having a baby after our wedding, but we had a little accident the other day. I dont think I need to go into detail on this one but anyways. We made love and then an hour later I got my period. Is there any way I could be pregnant? Its been about a week now and I am not sure if there is any way to even know yet

hi i just buy the ovulex for five day now i dont take it yet cause i was waitng for my period come should i take when my period is done ? can anybody! let me know please thx