Couldn't find what you looking for?


The thought came up a few hours ago when I was talking with a friend about being allergic to certain medications, and he mentioned that it is possible that you can grow out of certain allergic reactions to medication such as penicillin. When I was about 6 years old the doctor said I was allergic to the medication. I'm 21 going on 22 years old next month and wanted to know if my doctor would be able to do some sort of test to see if I would still have reactions.


Yes, they can test.

While you can become desensitized to some allergens, pollens, even peanuts, I've not heard of someone becoming desensitized to penicillin.

With other antibiotics available it's not something we'd usually do.