once again,can i use my partial perscription (21 500mg) for a sinus infection? gunk in lungs too..

You cannot use your partial prescription, 21 500 mg Penicillin, for a sinus infection. The reason being, penicillin blocks certain bacteria from constructing the cell walls, thereby protecting again certain bacterial infections, however the over use of Penicillin and other antibiotics would create resistant bacteria. A healthy body and a healthy immune system will fight off most infections, so some very basic care, rest and fluids can keep you out of big trouble.

Especially if you have taken Penicillin before, you should not take it again. It may only worsen you present infection. If your immune system and health is not healthy enough to fight the infection alone with rest and fluids, then you should see your Doctor for a culture, to fine what strain of bacteria is presents and what antibiotic to give you.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S):

1.David Shier, Jackie Butler, and Riki Lewis, Unknown Publishing Date. Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology: Control of Metabolic Reactions: Enzyme Action, Vol. 11. McGraw Hill Higher Education, p. 117.

2.Earl L. Mindell, RPh, PhD with Virginia Hopkins, MA, 2003. When Should You Take Antibiotics? Bottom Line's Prescription Alternative, p. 279-80.

:-) Thank you for your quick response to my question. Can you tell me why sinusitis makes me so sleepy? Thanks again. Hanna Zagal