I was asking myself something. Can you prevent diabetes type 1 to an unborn child? My mother was suffering from diabetes, and I assume that there is a big possibility that I will have this illness too. I am only hoping and preying that none of these things will happen to my unborn child, I am in 5th month of pregnancy.

Well, I hope too. Diabetes is not something that a child suffering from it and its parents can accept and live with easily. I know how much diabetes could change one’s life. My grandfather has it for almost 15 years and he is still holding up good even though he is 83 years old and live all alone (that is how he wanted it)! I do not know the answer to your question, perhaps it is something you need to talk with your doctor about. I do know that this illness can be controlled, with a little will and support of loved ones.