Hi, my friend is suffering from type 1 diabetes which his doctor diagnosed several days ago. He didn't feel well lately and he started to lose weight so he decided to visit his doctor. He is a little bit confused now when he knows that he is suffering from diabetes but I hope he will be fine. I would like to know something more about weight loosing and how to stop it.

Hi, I also suffer from diabetes type 1 for several years and I can tell you that weight loosing is one of very important symptoms. This symptom shows you that sugar in the blood do not enter the cell because of lack of insulin and body is starving. This symptom will disappear when he starts to use insulin and his body will use sugar from the blood.

ive have type1 diabetes since 2001. he has to make sure that his bloodsugar is not very high. when you have diabetes you can loss weight easy.i wish all the luck with his diabetes. its hard to keep it under controlled.