I am diagnosed recently with diabetes type 1 and am supposed to take insulin injected each day as well as to have proper diabetes nutrition and that is why I would like to hear what should I eat with diabetes type 1. I mean what is diabetes food exactly and does that means I should be buying some special diabetic products such as diabetic sugar or something like that. The thing is that I am diagnosed just recently and am already having blood sugar monitoring troubles and not to mention this insulin injection - how come there is no any insulin med to take it orally? and now this diabetic nutrition thing actually I didn’t get no food plan so far but am suppose to have my dietitian appointment these days bit it is just that I have heard before that patients with diabetes type 1 are not allowed to eat "normal" food so I am curious now what would be the right nutrition for me and what should I eat with this diabetes type 1 diagnose? Thanks much!

It is not like you should eat some special food now and it is not like you should quit all the food you like. I also am diagnosed with diabetes type 1 and I have meal plan that I follow daily and is based on healthy diet practically and that is actually how all we should eat. anyway food that would fit your diabetes type 1 condition means having more fruits and vegetables and food rich in fibers so basically you should try to create a habit of eating the food rich in nutritional elements and low in fat and calories avoiding having too much sweet and junky food but yet again you should get your proper diet plan that would fit your condition and lifestyle. But no matter what is your food plan alike the most important here is to monitor your blood sugar level two times each day - you will see by the time it won't be that complicated any more and also you should be regularly counting your carbohydrates followed by a glycemic-index diet and also what is most important is eating meals each day at about the same time with the same fats, carbohydrates and proteins proportion. And as for the insulin injection there is no oral pills for some stomach enzymes makes insulin ineffective and that is the reason why insulin is taken injected under the skin-for it is most effective this way.