Hey there,
me and my husband are planning to get pregnant. I would like to know if taking medicine while pregnant could cause damage or defect to a baby.
Thanks a lot!

Hey there,
You have to be more specific – what medicine are you taking? Over the counter medicines are supposed to be safe to take it while pregnant, but then again there is always possibility you could damage unborn baby. This possibility is even bigger at the beginning of pregnancy, when most of the organs develop. For example antibiotics are not likely to hurt baby, while some anti-depressants could harm.

WELL MY GIRL IS BECOMING SICK,FLU LIKE SYPTOMS, SHE HASN'T STARTED TO TAKE ANY MEDICINE! WHAT CAN SHE TAKE THAT WONT HARM THE BABY?

Some medication is dangerous to take while pregnant. You can go to a Dr and ask what medicines are safe. They should give you a list that provides medications that are safe for you to take that will not harm the child while you are pregnant.

Hey there,

hi
me n my husband tried 2 get a baby but after tryin alot i was so disoppointed n gain 10lbs so i decided 2 take medicine 4 lossin wt in which it is clearly mention DONOT USE WHILE IN PREGNANCY...i took only 6 tablets...25th was my period date n today is 29 n still my periods not come...so i m confuse here dat m i preg or jus due 2 tab..n if i m preg den dese tab affect my baby?? i m feelin pain in breast n sumtimes feelin hungry dan unusuall n sum times not..urination also increas..i did home preg test but it was neg ..plz mail me on

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **
thanx

Over the counter medications can be harmful while pregnant, only your obstetrician should tell you what to and not to take. If you are still trying to conceive, I suggest laying off any and all medications unless utterly necessary.
My doctor told me the following were okay to take:
Tylenol (plain kind, no extra strength, additives, etc.)
Sudafed (plain again- this didn't help my congestion much due to the manufacturers taking out the sudaphedrine now.)
But definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns. My advice is to not take anything unless you are in dire need. I stayed off all medicines throughout both of my pregnancies (except for prenatal vitamins and a tylenol here and there towards the end when my back throbbed from the pressure from the baby.)
Call a doctor. It is better to have a professional opinion than surfing around the web trying to find an answer.
Good luck!