I'M CURRENTLY HAVING THE SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY AND ON MY MENSTRAL CYCLE AND I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR OR JUST IGNORE IT BECAUSE I DO HAVE A PERIOD

YOU CANNOT have a "period" and be pregnant, period means uterine lining is BREAKING DOWN, which should not happen in a normal preganncy.

You can bleed during pregnancy and MISTAKE it for a peirod though!

Take a pregnancy test, it would be accurate.

I have a friend who is having the same problem as the original poster. She says she still getting her period like normal, although her last period didn't last as long as it normally does. She is complaining of tender breast and nausea and vomiting. And I think she's notice that her stomach is getting bigger. She has taken two pregnancy test and they've both come back negative. Does anyone have any ideas? To me she has signs of pregnancy but she still getting a cycle...any thoughts?

You could still be pregnant. I had regular periods the whole time. Well I thought they were normal periods but apparently they were not "normal". A year ago I was having pregnancy symptoms so I went to the doctor and they did a urine test and it came back negative. 2 weeks later I went to the emergency because I was having major abdominal pains and I had a blood test done, sure enough I was pregnant. I was actually having an ectopic pregnancy and since it was not detected the first time I went, the tube had ruptured and I had it removed. So please request a Blood test!

Yes, you can have regular periods while pregnant. I gave birth to 8 children. I has a regular period with 5 of then. In one of my pregnancies, I had regular periods until I gave birth. I still think you should consult a doctor. Sometimes, your body produces low levels of HCG, and they cannot be detected by urine and sometimes blood pregnancy tests. Which was the case with me a few times. It sometimes took up to 5 months before I got a positive. By that time I already knew.

FOR THE PAST PERIODS THEY HAVE BEEN AKWARD 1 MIN IM ON NEXT IM NOT LIKE IM THE CRAZY 1..WELL THIS TIME ABOUT 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO I HAD A PERIOD FOR NOT EVEN A DAY IT WAS MORE LIKE A COUPLE OF SECONDS SO I RUSHED TO GET A PAD I WENT THE REST OF THE DAY WEARING ONE I CHECKED TO SEE IF I WAS ON MY PERIOD AND I WASNT I WAS LIKE WOW AND IT HAS BEEN A WHOLE ALMOST A WOOK SINCE THEN..AND LATELY I'VE BEEN DRINKING ALOT OF PICKLE JUICE AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING MY BOYFRIEND ASK Y ARE U JUST SITTING THERE DRINKING PICKLE JUICE AND I SAY I DONT KNOW THEN LATELY I'VE BEEN RESTLESS I GO TO SLEEP AND WAKE UP EVERYDAY AT 3 IN THE MORNING NOT KNOWING Y??? LATELY DURING INTERCOURSING I FEEL SICK LIKE THROWING UP AND I DONT KNO WATS THAT ABOUT IM REALLY MOODY AND HAS BEEN CRYING OVER LIL THINGS!!! AND IM THINKING IF IT DOES COME THEN THERE IS STILL SOMETHING WRONG SO CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A SUGGESTION PLEASE!

i have taken 4 pregnancy tests over the last week, two on monday one on fri and one on sat. They have all come back possitive, no doubt. Last night i started spotting, and this morning heavy period like bleeding without cramping. Called the doctor and they said to wait a couple of days for the bleeding to stop.I am freaked out!i've been pregnant before and have a 10 year old son, and did not experiance this with him.Can u still have this? Concerned!

chelemitch43- If its really that HEAVY then you could be experiancing a miscarriage...although some bleeding can be normal in early pregnancy. Was it heavy when you spoke to your doc? You can always go to the ER and they can do an ultrasound just to make sure the embryo is still there. They can also do a quanitive HCG test where they take blood every day for a few days and make sure your hormones are still increasing- Good luck
and to the guest that states she had her "period" for 5 of her pregnancies this is the exception and is VERY rare. Now, being pregnant and testing negative with a blood HCG test is just not possiable- not for more than a few weeks...specially if they to the quanative one because they test for very minute levels with this and unless the lab messed up severely it will show the smallest levels-
There is SO many girls that convince themselves they are pregnant and drive themselves crazy for no reason....99.9% of the time if you have your period, bleeding and your test was negative- you are NOT pregnant.

Carifairy wrote:

Actually you can. My aunt got her period every month up until she was 6 months pregnant.

Ok see I have a question. Normally my periods are really short like 3-4 days max but now they're longer and heavier but cut in and out on the last couple days. My Aunt had a regular bleeding for 6 months well she was pregnant. And what else Im not sure about is my periods come like a day after they're supposed to. Im not showing alot of signs but some and im freaked out that I might be. So could I be or do you think it could be something else

hi i have read alot on here that says you cant have your period and be pregant but i am afriad that isnt true AS I AM PROOF i was pregant with my first child and had my periods right up till i was 7 months on i didnt know i was pregant till i was 5 months gone ..

Ok so I'm one of those bad kids who got prego while she's 14, but I just trurned 2 months last week (this was not planed I swear!!) I feel like I'm on my period and I'm terrifided. I was 2 weeks late and I have never missed my period. I'm realy nervous I may have miscared being so young or am I just over freeking???? Plz some one help me!!! My dad knows but not my mom(I don't trust her like that... We never have had a good relationship) I realy need some help, and I don't know if my tiny little baby can can still bealive.

The user who is telling people you can not have a period and be pregnant, should not be making this statement. Every woman's body is very diffrent and it is very much so possible for a woman who is pregnant to have normal periods during pregnancy, and maybe at times may not know they are pregnant until they are giving birth, I suggest for all those women out there who are having abnormal menstrual cycles that are not normal for your body, rather pregnant or not to be seen by your doctor, it is best to see a OBGYN rather than a normal doctor, your every day average Joe doctor does not specialize in this field and can not provide you all the answers and may not always provide correct info

hi im 25 me and my husband are trying to concieve.....i missed my period in july...then started a period today that isnt due for 2 weeks...is it possible to be pregnant? %-)

i have had 2 normal pregnancies and trying to get pregnant again im 22 years old i completly missed a period in july but i am having all signs of pregnncy done tests but come back negative also had brown pinkish blood and couple of days ago bleeding for 2 days im confused?