To anybody who can please shed some light or help,

After a long two months of going to the ER and doctors, They did an endoscopy on me and found that there was some candida in my esophagus. First thing I was asked was if I had HIV/AIDS or have had a lot of chemo therapy. Clearly I was a mess and you know said no that I don't have HIV or Aids. They tested me for HIV it came back negative, then re tested me 2-3 weeks later it was negative again. They don't seem to think its a false negative. I have had no new partners in the past year, I'm told that candida is not common in people with don't have a HIV/AIDS, types of Cancer and or autoimmune deficiency. No one seems to know how I got it. They were thinking I just had an overgrowth of yeast in me and suggested seeing a Infectious Disease specialist.

I'm also dealing with a lot of GERD issues, Heart burn, Feeling like there's something stuck in my throat and chest. It's causing chest discomfort and pain. Nausea, Dizziness/Lightheaded, Feeling out of breath just walking up my stairs. I can be laying in bed and My heart is pounding or at least I think it is. I just wake every morning feeling like sh*t and a new symptom arises. Now I'm experiencing tingling like feeling, pins and needles in my legs, arms and back. Like something crawling through my skin. I have a history of panic attacks with Generalized anxiety disorder, oxycodone abuse which Im on a very low dose of suboxone for. My EKG and Chest Xray look good. My blood work always comes back normal. They want to scope me again and get a better look of whats going on in my throat and stomach. My thyroid was good, I'm not a diabetic. both HIV test were negative, I feel like I'm told so many different things when I go to the hospital I dont know what to do anymore.

My primary said she doesn't know that go see an ID doctor. My fear is that if its an infection I have two children am I infecting them? Or is this some sort of disease that progresses everyday and who knows what can be of me tomorrow. Surprisingly through this my anxiety level hasn't been crazY, No panic attacks. So I know when Im calm and not stressed that what Im feeling is real that I am feeling sick. I just cant wrap my mind around having Candida Esophagitis and no one knows how I got it.

Anything will help, Please is there someone out there that knows anything about Candida? Or has experience something similar to what I am?

Thank you

hey friend, wow sounds tough. I am a young mom as well, i have had GI issues for a long time, I have had new weird sypmtoms since having my baby a year ago, and some of them sound like yours. About two months after my son was born(he just turned one) I had extreme throat pain, not connected to eating, it would just come and go, and it hurt so so bad. I got blood work and an ultrasound, both came back normal. Then after the results the pain went away, so i attributed it to my anxiety, which i have. So then this july i started getting weird leg syatic pain along with anal pain, constipation, bloating and wierd poo. I was freaked, so i had a colonoscopy to rule out colon cancer. The results were normal, though i still had symptoms for weeks after i got the results and felt calm, so i know that pain wasnt due to my anxiety. Now the weirdest thing, for bout two weeks i get a really cold tingly burning feeling alll over my skin, it travels all through my body, and i usually get it at nite. I have had weird stomache pains, bloating gas ect for five years. I do believe it could be all connected. I read in this book that if you have CANDIDA it can cause all the symptoms we have discussed. and it also said if your GI track is unhealthy it can cause so many different things that you wouldnt even dream were related, like arthritus and stuff...anyways, this book says there are certain tests you can do to identify the problem, and she says most docters have no idea how to properly treat candida and these things. She herself is a medical docter, the author i mean. Anyways, the test are, and you can get them at a natropath or use diet if you cant afford the test to find out, some are blood test you could get at a regular docter.

leaky gut syndrome and food allergies could be causeing the candida, also, if you go to a natropath there are many ways to kill candida with diet. The book i was refering to is called, '' no more heartburn'' by Dr. Sherry Rogers

im about to get a bunch of test done myself. good luck! keep me posted!

also i should say i have canker sores all the time!

i have the same thing did u end up testing negative for hiv?