So heres my story...
About 6 weeks ago i was leaving a party... As i went i kissed some girls goodbye, One of them came down from upstairs to give me a kiss
Well it turns out that the girl who cam from upstairs was giving a BJ to a boy
I was just wondering what Risks there are of catching HIV? Could the semen transfered on to my lips and then into my mouth etc? Can you get HIV this?

The only reson im asking is beacuse i have just started my 1st proper relationship with a girl (Yes im still a Virgin lol) and want everything to be ok.... Last thing i want to do is put her at risk :-(

So can i contract HIV by kissing a girl on the lips (No tonuges) who recently gave a BJ??

I would say your risk was very low. IMO, there would have to be fresh semen on her lips and a open cut on your lips to contract the virus. If she was smart and cleaned her lips and rinsed her mouth, then "NO". There was no risk at all. The virus does not last long outside the body.

HIV is an sexually transmitted disease that is aids. The full explanation of aids is it's something which is acquired from external sources it's not from birth, it completely destroy the immunity system which protects the body from germs causing diseases the signs of aids are prolonged cough, frequent fever, loosing weight.

Well first of all the guy would have to have HIV and I doubt the girl would be giving a guy a BJ if he did have HIV. Second, no you cannot get it that way. it's sexually transmitted which means some bodily fluids need to be exchanged.

You asked this a while ago and I answered. What you need to be more worried about is getting herpes from her mouth which can be transmitted though kisses. Not sure if you've ever had a cold sore but if you haven't be looking out for one.

Yes i know i asked this a while ago.... It still seems to be on my mind, Everytime i feel like im getting a sore throat or a pain i think to myself.. "Could i have it?" :S

Im really confused... Some people say i could have a risk (Like 1st poster) and others say i dont have a risk... (Like yourself)

I cant remember having any open wounds on my mouth and i have never suffered from a coldsore :D

However i was more worried about it going into my mouth as i read even the tinyist cut on your gums can give the virus a chance to get into your blood stream :(

Oh i dont know what to think anymore... A 17 year old doesnt need this m It couldnt of happened at a worse time :(

Im under so much stress atm... This is what makes me think the symptoms im getting may just be stress related symptoms , I mean i havent had any swollen glands etc.....

I just dont know what to think anymore.... :(

Symptoms are probably stress. But again you are worrying and the guy more than likely did NOT have HIV. Once you stop worrying you will feel better.

Hey Just to let everyone know, I went for a test....

The results should be ready within a week so i post back and let you know how it went, This is the only way i can see me not worrying over this...
I guess i be praying and on edge till next thursday
Wish me luck :-)

Well make sure you tell us.

Hey,
I went for a rapid HIV test (I couldnt wait till Thursday....)
And it was NEGATIVE!!! :-D

So at 6 weeks im negative, It was a rapid HIV test though are these as reliable? I still have my other results to come on thursday (I guess these are going to be the same tho , Am i correct?)

And is this it now? Can i forget about it.... I know some people say 3 months but was there even a risk for me?

Hey i went for a Rapid HIV test (I couldnt wait till thursday)
It came back NEGATIVE!! :-D
I was just wondering how reliable is a 6 week rapid HIV test? (Im also guessing my results thursday will be the same??)

Is that it now? Can i finally forget about all this.....

There was NO risk. Forget about it. I told you this two weeks ago. You were worrying yourself over nothing which is probably what was making you sick

Hey
Just to let you know i also got my HIV DUO results back today, At 6 weeks they where negative :-D

I must say i am feeling better now, If it wasnt for these spots on my tongue id be fine :-(
Just out of interest can someone tell me how reliable is a HIV DUO test at 6 weeks?