I had unprotected vaginal sex June 23 2013 I went for a checkup on June 27 to find I had a std( chlymedia) I got a hiv test/ std test and got results back July 1st everything else was negitive... I haven't had sex since and the guy I no longer speak to... Now it's the end of July 31 and I've been having really bad anxiety if thinking I have hiv everyone else seems to think I'm fine but I had a sore throat , headache.. And diareaha... Nothing else ... Tired of feeling so stressed out !!! Need some advice/help.. Going for another test today .. But some advice will help

Hi Big,

You're going to need to repeat the HIV tests to know for sure.

We usually test at exposure, then 30, 60, and 90 days past exposure. 

The initial test is to determine if you are already HIV positive. 

At 60 days a negative result means the odds are VERY good that you are HIV negative.

The 90 day test confirms the above.

Hope it helps.

Many ppl were telling me I would feel horrible and have had a fever .. My primary doc dismissed my claims saying she knows I'm fine ... I also went to the hospital for my sore throat and they did throat cultures and said it came back NEG and I have no fever .. Well since the whole incident no fever ..

The initial symptoms are usually like the flu, about 2 weeks after exposure.

The Chlamydia may have been preexisting, from another guy.

Thanks I appreciate all your help ...so if I'm going to test today would something most likely come up ??? July 15 I did a urine and blood sample for a endocrinologist and he call me and said everything was fine in my blood and urine( I know that has nothing to do with anything ) but that's what I've been using as a reassurance .. The last guy I had sex with was April 2013 .. So I should be in the clear if I had a hiv test June 27 right?

Are we still talking HIV?

You said you had sex on June 23? If so, testing on June 27 would be to early. By August 23rd you'd be almost definitely be sure of the results, 60 days.

For the chlamydia, it could possibly be detected that early. Usually within a few weeks of exposure.