I had sex with a prostitute 3 months ago. I had an HIV test and they all came back negative. My concern is a false negative, because I am an alcoholic. I was wondering if alcohol affects the test result. It is been 3 months and 15 days exactly and I have had night sweats, persistent dry cough, chronic back pain, and also red spots on my wrists. Can I be 100% certain that I have not contracted HIV? What are the main symptoms of HIV after 3 months and 15 days?

During acute HIV infection, the virus makes its way to the lymph nodes Then HIV actively replicates and releases new virus particles into the bloodstream. This usually lasts about two months. Here are the most common symptoms of AIDS. However, each individual may experience them differently and the symptoms of an HIV infection may resemble other medical conditions, like a flu-like illness within a month or two after exposure to the HIV virus, although, many people do not develop any symptoms at all. I can tell you what are the main symptoms after 3 months and 15 days, but I guess some of these are possible: lack of energy, weight loss, frequent fevers and sweats, persistent or frequent yeast infections, persistent skin rashes or flaky skin, pelvic inflammatory disease that does not respond to treatment and short-term memory loss.

Isn't the symptoms you just rescind are symptoms of aids and not hiv.

i need some help. i had unprotected sex with a guy 2 months and 3 weeks ago. so far i feel absolutly fine. its winter and im still not sick. i have no symptoms of hiv or any std. can i still have hiv?

You could. Sometimes there are people who don't even get symptoms. Get tested to ease your concern. It's better finding it early.

Those are the AIDS symptoms you just listed. She was asking about HIV. If you want to know the symptoms then go to wikipedia and type in 'HIV'.

**He

Sorry my bad. :-p

@GasSkill That sounds more like syphilis.

hello everyone first of all you need to have sex with a person who is hiv positive to contract the virus.so whether you have unprotected sex with someone with no hiv and its perfectly safe.Hiv is just a virus like any other,it does appear by magic when you have sex with someone.Just make sure your partner has no diseases then through the condoms 

I had unprotected sex 2 months and 10 days ago. I have been feeling weak,cronic headache,and feverish conditions. Does that mean i have hiv?

i have also same symptoms,feverish condition and weak but no headache ,did protected sex about 24 days ago.please help me

woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really help

HIV test should be repeated at 3 months, six months and one year. Sounds like you need a full STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) work up. WIth your rash I am sure your Doc would include a test for syphilis too. GOOD LUCK

you do not havehiv not a 1oo percent

sir what is the main symptom of hiv