I'm James and I had oral sex done to me by a street hooker around July 2004, about 3 weeks later something like the flu then strep throat and lymph nodes under the jaw and till today in my groin, did some research online found out that it could be symptoms of HIV.

Went to the Doctor, did an HIV test which came back Negative and was told I should have another one done in 3 to 6 months.
But 5 months after my Negative HIV test, then came the night sweats, jaw pain, Hip pain, tingling burning sensation in hands and feet and headaches in the back of my head.

So at 8 Months I did another HIV test which also came back negative but the doctor did not actually say Negative he said no HIV antibodies or something like that was found But all my symptoms went away in 1 or 2 days after my results.
Then my left hip pain came to the point where it was too much, I was also limping so I want to the same Doctor for help and he made a silly joke “I see you're still alive, I told you you'll be around for another 10 years" because at the time I was so convinced I had HIV and he's saying I don't.

Then all my symptoms came right back after that doctor visit, this time it added a fatty tissue about 1/4 inches long in my arm and the lymph nodes in my groin never went away from day one :-(

I'm a mess, I wake up thinking of HIV everyday.
Scared to do another HIV test.

How bad does it look for me?

Well, two negative tests would put mind my at ease and to be honest your symptoms could have been psychological especially because they went away after the doctor's visit.

A similar thing happened to me when I broke out in rash all over, it has been going on for three days when I finally decided to see a doc. I got dressed to go and see a doc and the rash was gone. Sounds funny but it's how it happened. I was extremely stressed at the time.

Have another last test to be sure and after that you can relax and stop thinking about it.

Did you come out ok?

Never be afraid to test! It's better to know then to let it go and do damage to you. Be safe, don't be afraid to test. Try to make a better choice next time! Your gonna be fine!