My last normal period was dec 18-24 on jan 19 i had a spot but thats it? My Dr doesnt know how far along I am. Can someone help

Hi. This is confusing for me. I too am pregnant with my second child and I have never heard of an OB/GYN that cannot determine when you got pregnant and when your due date is. From what it sounds like, since you had a normal period on Dec 18th, and then spotted on Jan. 19, is that spotting was actually implantation bleeding. If you typically have normal regular periods, then this light "spot" could not have been a period. When I punch your first date of your last menstrual cycle (Dec. 18, 2009) into a pregnancy calculator online, it gives me a due date of Sept. 24. If this is the case then you are about 15 weeks along. I am due Sept. 6th and am almost 18 weeks.

I would also like to know what other types of symptoms you've had? Have you had morning sickness that has subsided? Any weight gain, fatigue, headaches? Have you had a lot of the first trimester symptoms, but now feel like you have more energy, etc? Do you have an increased appetite, is your belly popping out at all? If that is the case, then you would be in your second trimester, which would put you at 15-16 weeks, most likely.

My other question is are you seeing an OB or just a regular doctor? you need to get an OB and if they cannot determine your due date by the period date, then you need to find a new OB and/or demand an ultrasound to determine for sure. If they do not know your due date, you may not be getting the prenatal care you need. You should have had blood tests by now. You are the stage that the second trimester screening is done if you wish to have that done, and you are getting close to being ready for the ultrasound that determines the sex of the baby, which is done between 18-20 weeks usually.

I will be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Please ask :-)