I have developed Baker Grade III capsular contracture 2 months following my surgery. I will have a redo surgery in about 2-3 weeks time. I am very disappointed and hurt that this hasn’t worked. I would like to know what could have caused my capsular contracture. Thank you

I have also developed capsular contracture a couple of months after my boob job. Doctor couldn’t answer to my question about what caused this problem. He told me it is not the implant that had hardened, but the capsule had shrunk and compresses the implant. Are you smoking? My surgeon made me quit until this was sorted out. Smoking is thought to decrease oxygen levels, which could influence inflammatory reaction. He mentioned some other possible risks but couldn’t determine what my case was. It was possible that bacteria contaminated the implant shell and led to shrinkage of the capsule. It is also important where the implant was placed, above or behind the muscle. Placing it above the muscles makes it more prone to contracture. Anyway, my capsulotomy worked out great, so I am satisfied now. I wish you luck!

I have pefectly real feeling and looking implants..MASSAGE MASSAGE MASSAGE!!!! AND get them UNDER the muscle... O ther than that there is nothing really that can be done except surgery, because the capsule is your bodies response to the foreign object.