I fell about 2 months ago and i don"t know what I hurt, butsince that day my left hip has hurt to lay on it. I can walk all day long and can sit on it and it does not hurt. When I lay down that is a different story. It hurts so bad I have to switch and lay on the other side to stop it from hurting. Some times the pain from the hip will run down the inside of of the leg and stops at the knee. I can take 800 mg of motron and it does not ease the pain so i can lay on it. I had bunion surgery December 18,2009. So for atleast 2 weeks I have been pretty much been on bed rest because I couldn"t walk. I thought this rest would help, but it didn't the problem stayed the same.

Hi! It sounds like you have pulled your groin! OR have a trapped nerve - probably from bruising and swelling from your hip that is impeding a nerve inside your groin and running down your leg! HIP pain is VERY painful! And a deep bruise can take a LONG time too heal! Depending on your sex and how old you are, it could be a sign of arthritis too, that was brought on by a bone hit! It is VERY hard to break your hip bone - as it is one of the strongest in our bodies! Can you try and remember what you fell on?

I remember very well when and how i injuryed myself. It was the middle of November, 2009 on a slippery floor at a greenhouse. I slipped on it and one foot went one way and the other another way. I almost done a split. My legs were strecthed to their limit. I caught hold of a pole to keep myself from falling and to get my legs and feet together. It did hurt real bad in my groan and I soaked in a hot tub several times to stop the aching. It never really got well. Now that I wearing this thick soled boot from my bunion surgery, it has gotten really bad. It has made that leg off balance from the other and I think that has caused the pain to intense again. i am trying not to go to the doctor and treat it myself. Do you have anysuggestion? Could you give me some leads to google? Thank you for your help and caring!!

When you were describing your fall, my eyes crossed!!! o.O XD I did the same thing when I was working at a Drive In Theatre, I did the russian splits on a greasy floor!! I want you to do something, I want you to stand naked from the waist down and look into a full length mirror, to see if you can see ANY differences in the placement of your hip bones? Also lay down on a bed and look at both hip bones/pelvic bones and see if either look different! I just want to rule in or out a dislocation and swelling! This is what I think happened, when you did the splits your REALLY pulled your groin, and then when you had your bunion surgery, they would have had your legs in funny positions to get the boney pertruberance! If you ever get to see an operation on you tube or anything likt that it will amaze you on how they get your legs or other limbs - because you are out and have no resistance! So then where you hurt yourself, will be aggravated, plus the thick boot will - like you said - put your balance and pressure off! Causing the groin to be in a bad position!

One of the best things to do for pulled muscles and tendons is to have a DEEP muscle massage! You put the pressure on any "knot" either inside your groin or down your thigh! Wherever there is pain, means that the muscle is REALLY tight and needs to be worked out by deep - sometimes quite painful - muscle massage! When I go to my massage therapist, I end up sweating more than I can handle and I scream obscenities at her, and threaten her!!!! ;-) XD But let me tell you, AFTER I'm like a new person! So if you can't do it yourself get a professional deep massage - bring a stick to bite on!!!! ;-) - and then see if there is a lessening of the pain! How long do you have to have the boot on? Also VERY warm baths with about 4 cups of Epsom Salts on, really help! As does a massaging shower! It's ALL about loosening up the pulled muscles and easing the tension in the area! Ibuprofen is the best for muscle pain! Don't buy into the Glucosomide - they are supposed to give NO relief at all! Warmth from water - as in a hot water bottle is the best!

Monday my hip and leg was hurtings so bad that I did start massaging it. Just that little "sorry massaging" it got, I got releif for a very short mintue. So it makes good sense to get a deep massage. Now for the ibuprofen most nights I take 800 mgs of it and can't tell that it helps any. It may help, but I can't tell. I know I have a hard time sleeping because of the discomfort it causes.

I will check myself out and let you know what I find out. Do you think seeing a doctor would help to get better quicker. I can not take the NASID's that they may give for the pain. Thanks again for the advice, help, and caring. May God enrich your life.

By the way, I am a 55 year old woman.

I take it that you are well on your way through the lovely Menopause stage of your life!!! ;-) XD This will also put pressure on your joints and in your groin! IF you take the Ibuprofen every 4 hours and it still doesn't do anything I would suggest seeing a doctor! He could give you a muscle relaxant1 When you pull something ESPECIALLY your groin, there isn't much they can do! When I had a hysterectomy at 35, they actually dislocated my hip!!!!! I was in AGONY! but there was nothing but time and massage that helped it! And of course drinking!!! ;-) XD Just kidding! Definitely get a massage and put hot and cold compresses on the area, drink LOTS of water! As this keeps your joints lubricated! If you REALLY warm up some olive oil and give your self a stretching massage - as in using your thumbs to push deep and slide them down your leg!This is HEAVEN - painful heaven!!! but it works! And if you get a professional they can help you too! How much longer do you have to wear the boot?

You will never beleive this as I was sitting here surfing the web after I e-mailed you, I was and still am watching Dr. Oz. There was this 54 year old lady on there with almost the same complaint, hip pain, as myself. After listening to them they showed a exercise you can do to help. It was rolling the affected hip on this long foam ball. They even said that by doing this it would also act like a deep massage. Boy you are a smart lady. Yes I hope, but don't think so , that I have finished menopause.

I should have my own show!!!!! ;-) XD There is also those pillows - bollis or something like that - that you can lay on and pushes your hip in!